Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2001, 03:24 PM   #1
Rikard

When looking at pure facts a Beast Master might seem to be the weakest Class in the game
To be honest that's the exact reason why i chose him to be in my party.
But after having played a while i discovered a stunning Fact
Beast Masters are actually Quite powerful

No metal weapons (or armor i found out) can a Beast master use
That means no Swords no Hammers no Spears, Helbards or any of the cool waepons
Untill i found out he could use a Bow and he's a hell of an archer (so why haven't i an archer you ask? i'll come back to that one) And when you have to fight melee well there are some really good staves out there (staf of rhynn of instance) that you can give to your beast master (also beastmasters can use sciminars so if you are one of the sadists killing Drizzt you beatsmaster can dualwield Twinkel and that other sciminar drizzt has)

What about him not being able to wear metal armor?
Well i found out having Studded Leather instead of Heavier armor has one big advantance: You actually use a Ranger's Steath ability something i never did with my normal Ranger. Also I think a beastmaster should be able to wear dragonscale armor but i haven't tried that yet

Well Rikard Why Not an Archer instead of a Beastmaster (or a Stalker for that matter)
Well a Beastmaster can for one summon aminals to aid him
ok these are not the most powerful creatures alive but they are a good distraction when fighting big baddies and it saves slots in your mage book and your sorcerer book (where you have no space to put in a spell like monster summoning) And best of All You can Cast Find Familiar Not that a familiar is so very useful but it's fun to have one

------------------

The Last Of the Red

Old 06-29-2001, 03:28 PM   #2
Sigmar
Unicorn

My eyes have been opened, if you find any good points about druid sub-classes you will be renowned as the greatest optimist in the whole world. Well thought out points.

------------------
"So why should I worship you Tiax?"
"Well Sigmar, I am Tiax the chosen one of Cyric, destined to ascend, I shall rule all!"
"Do you know you have a duck on your head?"
"Duck what duck......ahhhhhhhh!"

Tiax, warmaster of clan HADB

[This message has been edited by Sigmar (edited 06-29-2001).]
Old 06-29-2001, 03:39 PM   #3
Rikard

Hm finding good points on a druid class is hard indeed
Luckely a Beastmaster is a Ranger Class

------------------

The Last Of the Red

Old 06-29-2001, 07:07 PM   #4
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Rikard I dont think you get to keep Drizzts weapons, some guy teleports in and takes them.

To be perfectly honest as well if you want to be a ranger you get the moon dog figurine and you can summon that, Khisith the spider you can pick up from the spider girl in the graveyard and the staffs of air and fire summon elementals so Im not really sure how great those spirit animals are.

Another problem I have is the why not be a stalker or a archer because they do the same things only better, it dosnt make much sense to me.

All the same whatever you enjoy is good so I guess its just based on the individual. Avenger druids are ok.

------------------
Old 07-19-2001, 01:33 PM   #5
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

*BUMP*
Old 07-19-2001, 01:46 PM   #6
Craig
Dungeon Master

ROFL :Hm finding good points on a druid class is hard indeed
hard, hard?(faint) go through BG 1 as an druid, get all the stuff you need to dual to a fighter then get the avenger class dual to a fighter(lvl 12) and have fun you have loads of good mage spells your chromatic orb kills insta like.You have the (nearly) the best spell book it contains "insect plague" so am i the most optimistic optomist in the world or what?
Old 07-19-2001, 04:03 PM   #7
Northraven
Manshoon

To respond to Craig...and I know I'm going to catch hell for this. If you want a reason to love Druids just wait until ToB...that's all I'm gonna say to avoid spoiling anything.

------------------
"I am death come for thee. Surrender and thy passage shall be...swifter"

"Kneel before the cow god!"