Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 09-17-2002, 03:24 PM   #1
kirdie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

what's better?:

moonelf fighter1/evoker or abjurer x
(more hp,more feats and gets missile feat for free, i want to use this returning frost darts)

or the same with barb1 / ...
(more hp, runs faster)

or
tiefling evoker or abjurer x
(less feats and has to put a point into missile feat but he has 2 points more in int + he has 5 resistanze in fire,cold and lightning...

at least one question: what is faster, a barbarian (running 10 feet? faster than a fighter) or a fighter with this fast-run-feat??

ps: are there good darts in the later game too? (i mean returning ones)
kirdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 10:10 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Just want to point out:

All non-fighter classes get simple weapon proficiency, including xbow. All Elves
automatically come with Martial: Bow and Martial: Longsword, regardless of
class. So you don't really need to dual an elf to fighter if you want those
abilities; they already have them.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 12:01 AM   #3
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Tieflings have a prelevel advancement, as in their experience is determined by one level higher. Their charisma (I think) suffers too.

I'd advise a Moon Elf. Almost perfect for the role, but if you prefer to be nonstereotypical, I'd say the Tiefling.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 03:29 AM   #4
Rawel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Why not a sunelf since he get's the +2 bonus to int and has no leveling difficulties?
As for the missles i'm affraid you don't get a prof in that as a sorc. dunno
why tohugh.
Rawel
Rawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 04:23 AM   #5
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

human wizard
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 08:53 AM   #6
DraconisRex

Tiefling. 20 INT at start up + 5 for level-ups... Hoo-ha! No question about them being the most powerful Wizards in this game...

And the elemental resistance can come in handy in the early game.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 09:45 AM   #7
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

human wizard

just for roleplaying..
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote