Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-15-2004, 05:26 PM   #1
Jorsh
Dungeon Master

Recently while adventuring I attacked a Silver Dragon. The battle was rough, but me and my mine slayed that beast and got the Dragon's blood. During the battle, however, it did some strange spell that turned Korgan into a blue statue. He stayed this way for only a short time and then exploded. I tried dispel magic and stone to flesh on him, but it didn't work and he died where I can't raise him. I forgot all about him being permently dead because I was so happy I killed a dragon (First time with this party) that I forgot to reload and went and quicksaved it and it got autosaved when I left the Dragon's chamber. Are there any codes to bring back Korgan at roughly the same level as I had him? Normaly I would just let him stay dead and just use mazzy as my one tank, but I really wanted to bring Korgan to fight Jon, having never done so before.

Any help would be good.

Thanks!
Jorsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 05:55 PM   #2
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
First, you need to activate the CLUA console. To do this, go to your BG2 directory and open the file baldur.ini - under the heading '[Program Options]' type in Debug Mode=1

This has now opened up various handy cheats such as gaining experience, teleporting, and creating creatures. The code for Korgan varies. It ranges from KORGAN8 to KORGAN12, where the number is the level. So to create a level 12 Korgan, go into your BG2 game. Press Ctrl+Space to open up the CLUA console that you previously activated. Type in the following: CreateCreature("KORGAN12")
After pressing enter, a Korgan will appear on the screen. Move your cursor over him and press Ctrl+Q. This is another handy cheat the CLUE console lets you do to make anybody join your party.

You may want to download Shadowkeeper which is a program used to edit characters because he'll have lost all the fancy armour and the levels. Also, if you click on creature browser in Shadowkeeper, you can search for the codes for other characters so you can create them with CLUA.

If you're unsure about anything I've just said, just ask [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 09:11 PM   #3
Jorsh
Dungeon Master

Thank you Jaradu. That's exactly what I was looking for.
Jorsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 01:10 AM   #4
Ares

By the way, I believe Korgan was frozen, and he just kinda blew up o.0
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 01:20 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Ares is right. Korgan became a popsicle, not petrified.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 11:14 AM   #6
Lateralus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You have to type in CLUAConsole:EnableCheatKeys() first before you can Ctrl+Q him into your party, I believe.

[ 01-16-2004, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: Lateralus ]
Lateralus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 05:03 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorsh:
.... I forgot to reload and went and quicksaved it and it got autosaved when I left the Dragon's chamber.
So....your only Save files are the Autosave and the Quicksave? Odd. Next time, consider having a "main" save file (usually named after your PC) that you update every time you turn your computer off. This way, if you discover some bug that you can't correct by loading your Quick- or Auto-save, you've got one more good shot at being able to fix it easily--as in, not having to resort to CLUA and Shadowkeeper.

When in doubt, always Reload.

As Jaradu said, if, in fact, you must cheat, you're going to need to:
1) Enable the cheats (Debug Mode=1)
2) While in-game, hit Ctrl-Space, and then type: CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Korgan12")
3) You should be able to recruit him just by talking to him. He'll charge you 500 (or was it 50?) gold, big whoop.
4) Save your game.
5) Download and install Shadowkeeper (links in the FAQ thread at the top of the forum)
6) In Shadowkeeper, adjust the new Korgan's EXP to roughly where you think the old Korgan's EXP was (or just take the average EXP of your other party members).
7) Go to his Inventory tab and re-create the items he was wearing, as well as you can remember them. Don't worry about the little stuff, like Healing Potions.
8) Deduct 9000 EXP points from everybody in your party. That will counteract the EXP they gained from killing Adalon. If you're going to have to "go back in time" like this and pretend that Korgan didn't actually die, you don't deserve the EXP for the kill.
9) Save the edited game, go back into BG, Load, and play as normal. You even get the added bonus of being able to reallocate a lot of Korgan's weapon proficiencies.
Old 01-16-2004, 05:56 PM   #8
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Lateralus:
You have to type in CLUAConsole:EnableCheatKeys() first before you can Ctrl+Q him into your party, I believe.
You don't need to do that.

And Six, I name my saves after the location I'm in, or where I'm headed off to next instead of my character name. My PC characters always have the same name. No exceptions [img]smile.gif[/img]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 08:42 PM   #9
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Yes, you do.

[ 01-16-2004, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Illumina Drathiran'ar ]

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 04:41 AM   #10
Rockstar
Zhentarim Guard

thats a bummber to have happen to you jorsh

then again you were extremely foolish not to have a main save. but anyway you know better now [img]smile.gif[/img]
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote