Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-04-2002, 04:40 PM   #1
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I wear glasses for distance vision. I don't have to wear them all the time but if I did, I could probably see a lot better . So I'm thinking of getting contacts since I'm a bit vain and I don't really like wearing my glasses (even though they're pretty cool as glasses go - gucci! Heh )

But I don't know what type to get - soft, hard, disposable etc. I read an ad in a magazine about new ones you can leave in and sleep in for 30 days - anyone tried these? I have semi-sensitive eyes because of allergies; they are prone to being watery and itchy in certain weather and I try not to wear eye makeup often because they don't like the remover (even though it's for sensitive eyes).

Advice? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2002, 04:43 PM   #2
MagiK

Get LASIC, more expensive short term, but over the long haul I cannot tell you how great it is. My eyesight was 20/200 now its slightly better than 20/20 no glasses, no contacts and I am free after nearly 35 years of glasses and contacts the only glasses I need now are sunglasses!!!!!

GO LASIC!!!

Old 11-04-2002, 04:49 PM   #3
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Is that laser eye surgery? Not really up on my eye-related acronyms
Old 11-04-2002, 04:57 PM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi Darlin [img]smile.gif[/img] ,

I am inclined to agree with your first colourful respondant (swallows tongue in shock and horror - that's twice this week - must be these pills.... ). Obviously the laser treatment is the biggest cost, but the success rates are high, and stories I am hearing have been pretty favorable.

I think your glasses are pretty cool and look good, but that is not what you were asking for. A mate from work who wears contacts has been much happier since switching to the soft ones.

Edited twice to correct the typos [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-04-2002, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Davros ]
Old 11-04-2002, 05:01 PM   #5
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Is that laser eye surgery? Not really up on my eye-related acronyms
That is what I belive he is referring to - if not..... well I am sure I can stand some correcting
Old 11-04-2002, 05:09 PM   #6
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Well I don't think I should expect my parents to pay for eye surgery for me. Maybe when I'm big and earning money myself

I'm a bit worried about putting contacts in and such. I'm a big baby when it comes to my eyes; you should see me getting eye drops - it's embarrassing [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] . You probably get used to it after a while don't you?
Old 11-04-2002, 05:11 PM   #7
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Well I also have to wear glasses but I cant really wear contacts because they bother my eyes (I get the same ichyness in the eyes that you do so you might be botherd by them too) and my brother also used those 30 day ones and ended up with an infected eye! (But it got better) It got infected because he did lots of tomato picking and there is HEAPS of chemicals and dust blowing around those damn farms. Anyway... If your curious I think you can get a free set of 30 day ones to try out or you could just get some one day disposables and see how you like those.
Hope I helped.
Old 11-04-2002, 05:22 PM   #8
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Wouldn't hurt to just ask around about the price. It sounds like something that you will eventually do, and it may make more sense to both you and your parents to do it earlier rather than later. You could always make an agreement with them to repay the money when you are a "big girl and earning money"
Old 11-04-2002, 05:24 PM   #9
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Woohoo - I am now a Ra - the sun shines out of my ........ well it looks like my head now - by all appearances - you better get out the sunglasses now Aelia
Old 11-04-2002, 05:33 PM   #10
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Woohoo - I am now a Ra - the sun shines out of my ........ well it looks like my head now - by all appearances - you better get out the sunglasses now Aelia
Yes but it looks like sitting down taking a....errr I better not say

Aelia I'm sure your Guccis look quite sexy on you [img]tongue.gif[/img] Hey how about a lingerie/gucci glasses pic? Err gotta go Davros is chasing me with a shotgun for some reason bye bye