Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-25-2001, 02:17 AM   #1
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

What are we going to do? New Zealand are touring Australia, and Englands tour of India may be cancelled. I guess Pakistan won't be playing anyone for a while.

Where will we find good cricket? New Zealand verses Oz? (Hmmmrph. Chortle. Snicker snidely)

I've had to start following the Yankees as they are

A. Winning

B. A team of fighters like the Aussies. Went from a 2 nil deficit to get into the World Series-that-is-really-some-matches-between-two-American-Leagues.

C. All my friends are into them, so I've been following the game and like that Soriano fellow, and Rivera and Derek Jeter.

D. My brothers name is Derek.

E. There is no cricket on at the moment.

---------------

E. seems the most important reason at the moment. I can't find any on Fox!

I ran into some Pakistanis who play in Brooklyn every sunday. Not exactly the same as heading out to see Mark Waugh bat.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Yorick (edited 10-25-2001).]
Old 10-25-2001, 05:38 AM   #2
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
What are we going to do? New Zealand are touring Australia, and Englands tour of India may be cancelled. I guess Pakistan won't be playing anyone for a while.

Where will we find good cricket? New Zealand verses Oz? (Hmmmrph. Chortle. Snicker snidely)

I've had to start following the Yankees as they are

A. Winning

B. A team of fighters like the Aussies. Went from a 2 nil deficit to get into the World Series-that-is-really-some-matches-between-two-American-Leagues.

C. All my friends are into them, so I've been following the game and like that Soriano fellow, and Rivera and Derek Jeter.

D. My brothers name is Derek.

E. There is no cricket on at the moment.

---------------

E. seems the most important reason at the moment. I can't find any on Fox!

I ran into some Pakistanis who play in Brooklyn every sunday. Not exactly the same as heading out to see Mark Waugh bat.

A. I'm not happy with you supporting a team just because they win. The whole point of following a team in any sport is to enhance the euphoria of victory by first suffering the torment of defeat. You'll be telling me you support Mancs United next. You would be best served supporting the Devil Rays (unless they get eliminated because of their money problems).

B. Why would you support a team just because they are good farters. And what makes the Aussies so good at it? I suppose you will claim to be world champions at that now! It must be all that bush tucker that you eat in Sydney.

C. You are following the wrong blokes. Soriano is a converted short stop who is defensively questionable at second base. Two run homers are nice but how about some base hits when the chips are down.

Rivera lacks discipline at the plate, he's only walked 9 or 10 times in nearly 200 at-bats.

Derek Jeter - just three words 'Right Shoulder Weakness!'

The man you should be following is Chuckles Knoblauch who's nickname is 'Knobbie'. Need I say more?

D. Okay - this is an acceptable reason for supporting them.

E. No cricket - don't you know that Afghanistan are touring Pakistan at the moment? (I kid you not!). England's tour will go ahead with a few players bottling out.

It's football season now!!! Only one Arsenal player for the Australia v France game. Let me see, Vieira, Pires, Henry, Wiltord - I know, they can take Gilles Grimandi!

Go Diamondbacks!! Go Schilling!!

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!
Old 10-25-2001, 05:44 AM   #3
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
I comment that resent

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

Overlord of all that I behold and anything that i happen to not notice either.

Founding Hamlet of the HADB.
Old 10-25-2001, 06:33 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
A. I'm not happy with you supporting a team just because they win. The whole point of following a team in any sport is to enhance the euphoria of victory by first suffering the torment of defeat. You'll be telling me you support Mancs United next. You would be best served supporting the Devil Rays (unless they get eliminated because of their money problems).

B. Why would you support a team just because they are good farters. And what makes the Aussies so good at it? I suppose you will claim to be world champions at that now! It must be all that bush tucker that you eat in Sydney.

C. You are following the wrong blokes. Soriano is a converted short stop who is defensively questionable at second base. Two run homers are nice but how about some base hits when the chips are down.

Rivera lacks discipline at the plate, he's only walked 9 or 10 times in nearly 200 at-bats.

Derek Jeter - just three words 'Right Shoulder Weakness!'

The man you should be following is Chuckles Knoblauch who's nickname is 'Knobbie'. Need I say more?

D. Okay - this is an acceptable reason for supporting them.

E. No cricket - don't you know that Afghanistan are touring Pakistan at the moment? (I kid you not!). England's tour will go ahead with a few players bottling out.

It's football season now!!! Only one Arsenal player for the Australia v France game. Let me see, Vieira, Pires, Henry, Wiltord - I know, they can take Gilles Grimandi!

Go Diamondbacks!! Go Schilling!!

ROFLOLWP - you're on form today Donut - don't tell me you are supporting the Diamondbacks as well I think Curtis and Randy can take em this year .

Our choice eh, well we'll take Vieira and Pires and Wiltord and Henry - you've upset us now .

Your kidding - Rivera is the closing pitcher - how could he have amassed 200 at bats - especially when he is playing in the league where the pitcher doesn't bat.

I'm a "Knobbie" fan too, but he is only batting about 250 this year, whereas Jeter is in the 300's.

And the Aussie Cricket side have the potential to be good fighters Yorick, if they ever come across some side that stands up and seriously opposes them .

Davros just editing to correct his typos .

------------------

Ironworks Revolutionary Splitter wannabe
Founding Member, and General Demands Adviser of the O.R.T.

[This message has been edited by Davros (edited 10-25-2001).]
Old 10-25-2001, 06:50 AM   #5
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
ROFLOLWP - you're on form today Donut - don't tell me you are supporting the Diamondbacks as well I think Curtis and Randy can take em this year .

Our choice eh, well we'll take Vieira and Pires and Wiltord and Henry - you've upset us now .

Your kidding - Rivera is the closing pitcher - how could he have amassed 200 at bats - especially when he is playing in the league where the pitcher doesn't bat.

I'm a "Knobbie" fan too, but he is omly batting about 250 this year, whereas Jeter is in the 300's.

And the Aussie Cricket side have the potential to be good fighters Yrick, if they ever come across some side that stands up and serioously opposes them .

Sorry, I thought he was talking about Juan Rivera the outfielder. My comments were based on his performance in the minors. I should have known that he was talking about Mariano. Juan isn't even on the play off roster.

Pardon my being 'malevolent, arrogant and self indulgent' about the football, but France can only pick one player. It has to be Grimandi!

Who the hell is Ian Holmes?

------------------

Old 10-25-2001, 07:09 AM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Sorry, I thought he was talking about Juan Rivera the outfielder. My comments were based on his performance in the minors. I should have known that he was talking about Mariano. Juan isn't even on the play off roster.

Pardon my being 'malevolent, arrogant and self indulgent' about the football, but France can only pick one player. It has to be Grimandi!

Who the hell is Ian Holmes?

You don't think the OZmen or the French are going to listen to that twaddle from FIFA - no chance of that happening buddy . Yes of course I mean Mariano, and so did Yorick . Hmmm, Ian Holmes - nope, I know an Ian Thorpe, and a Sherlock Holmes, but mixing the twain draws a blank. - A web search tosses up the possibility of FOLK MUSIC???????

------------------

Old 10-25-2001, 07:14 AM   #7
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
You don't think the OZmen or the French are going to listen to that twaddle from FIFA - no chance of that happening buddy . Yes of course I mean Mariano, and so did Yorick . Hmmm, Ian Holmes - nope, I know an Ian Thorpe, and a Sherlock Holmes, but mixing the twain draws a blank. - A web search tosses up the possibility of FOLK MUSIC???????

Apparently he is the chief executive of something called 'Soccer Australia'. I'm not suprised you haven't heard of him then!

------------------

Old 10-25-2001, 07:29 AM   #8
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Gee, how am I supposed to know an insignificant thing like that (hey, at least I didn't confuse my Rivera's ). Ummm, how very embarrasing I suppose. I do remember they elected a new president lately - plenty of elections and infighting for the job - as long as he stands up for what is just and right I suppose (country before club).

This isn't a secret plot to sabotage Australia's bid to qualify for the World Cup - you guys wouldn't at all be anxious about the possibility of embarrassing defeat at the hands of the old enemy now would you ????

------------------

Old 10-25-2001, 07:50 AM   #9
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Gee, how am I supposed to know an insignificant thing like that (hey, at least I didn't confuse my Rivera's ). Ummm, how very embarrasing I suppose. I do remember they elected a new president lately - plenty of elections and infighting for the job - as long as he stands up for what is just and right I suppose (country before club).

This isn't a secret plot to sabotage Australia's bid to qualify for the World Cup - you guys wouldn't at all be anxious about the possibility of embarrassing defeat at the hands of the old enemy now would you ????

Bring it on Davros - I hope you qualify. I REALLY hope you qualify. I hope you qualify SO much it is hurting me. Please don't disappoint me.

Odds on Australia winning the World Cup 2002 are 150/1! Get on it.

------------------

Old 10-25-2001, 07:58 AM   #10
Davros
Takhisis Follower

150 - 1, that's still a better chance than teams like Scotland, Belgium and Holland have - we are still in the running at least .

Davros ducks the rotten vegetables thrown by the forum's huge Dutch population - no offense guys, just trying to sustantiate the existance of the Socceroos .

------------------