Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-02-2001, 03:59 PM   #1
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

What alignment would you consider yourself? What made me think of this is a funny story: The bank I work for was just recently acquired by another bank. The head of my department, through this acquisition, was given the pink slip (so long, good bye, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!). However, foolishly they allowed him to do performance reviews and hand out raises and bonuses before he leaves (in 1 week). Well I think he felt a little bitter about getting the axe because he gave everyone in the dapartment a 15-23% raise and a 10-12% incentive bonus. For some reason I got to thinking, was this an evil thing he did or was it a 'just' reaction to him being let go?
To answer my own post (people seem to forget to) I would consider myself True Nuetral.
Old 02-02-2001, 04:03 PM   #2
Moiraine
Anubis

There was a thread long ago on the same topic.

Anyway, I would say I am chaotic good.

I learn a bit of English every day ! I didn't know the 'pink slip' expression, but it is very funny
Old 02-02-2001, 04:08 PM   #3
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

I hate to say it, but I think I'm Lawful Good.

This isn't a good thing. I spend a lot of time arguing with my students that "This is the school rule. I didn't make it, but I have to enforce it. If you don't like it, go complain to someone else. I'm just following orders." My students complain that I'm too strict, follow the rules too closely, and don't understand that there are "exceptions" to many situations.
Old 02-02-2001, 04:15 PM   #4
Absynthe

Chaotic good, no question.
"From each according to their abilities, to each according to their needs" and
"An it harm none, do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" pretty much sums up my alignment.

Old 02-02-2001, 04:18 PM   #5
weedius_maximus

Absolutely, Chaotic Cood is the only way to live. I experimented with lawful good for a while (we all do silly things in college, right?) but found that it interfered with my drinking WAAAAAAAAAY too much, so that was that! Turns out it really is hard to change your alignment!

Old 02-02-2001, 04:30 PM   #6
Patriarch
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I dont know... Some variation of evil I suppose, Neutral Evil? like a common thief...
BTW, in real D&D arnt assaisins supposed to be evil, as the killing of sentient beings for money is considered an evil act?
Old 02-02-2001, 04:41 PM   #7
satan

KILL KRUSH AND DESTROY
everything has to day
mauahahahahaaaaaa
well you get my point

Old 02-02-2001, 04:41 PM   #8
satan

KILL KRUSH AND DESTROY
everything has to die
mauahahahahaaaaaa
well you get my point

Old 02-02-2001, 04:43 PM   #9
Demus

Well, I would have to say that i'm probably Chaotic Good cos' although I often do 'bad' things, I don't think I'm really a bad person at heart

Old 02-02-2001, 05:01 PM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hmm, interesting question, Moridin. I'm guessing I'd be somewhere btwn Lawful Good (the way I address the world) and Chaotic Good (The way I sometimes feel!).

Heck, I haven't even put an evil npc in a party yet. sigh.