Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2000, 08:13 AM   #11
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Actually you get Daystar from the lich in the City Gates area, accessed through the pub.

The Crypt King in the graveyard district (next to the Buried Alive Man's grave) has a longsword +2 Namarra which casts Silence 15' whenever it hits. Not quite sure which Tomb king you mean.
Old 11-16-2000, 08:26 AM   #12
_max_RUSSKIE

Oops sorry bout that. (Im so stupid sometimes, look here im flaggelating myself for that!) WHACK WHACK.
But seriously i should have thought.

Also you end up meeting Irenicus so many times that it doesnt really mean anything.

Im young naive and stupid grrr

Old 11-16-2000, 08:37 AM   #13
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

thanks for all your help!!! =)
Old 11-16-2000, 11:07 AM   #14
hachiman

i'm still in chapter 2.

whats better for my main character

sword of chaos + 2

or

flame sword + 1

thanx

Old 11-16-2000, 11:27 AM   #15
Armisael

Eh? They're a different type of sword. What are you proficient in? I'm assuming Flame Sword means Flame Tongue, since everyone seems to call it that.

Old 11-16-2000, 01:04 PM   #16
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

He probably means Flame Tongue. I actually didn't mind the Flame Tongue for my first couple of chapters.

Armisael, do you sleep??? It's almost 5 am in Australia where I am and I assume you are too. Then again I don't sleep either...
Old 11-16-2000, 01:44 PM   #17
Glorick the Half-Orc

There is also a sword of flame available in the Adventurer's mart, not to be confused with the flame tongue.

The Daystar is basically a +4 sword, so that is your most easily accessable sword early in the game... Although it's guardian may prove a bit difficult...

Dual wielding the Daystar and Equilzer is the way to go towards the end.

Old 11-16-2000, 01:53 PM   #18
hachiman

defo the sword of flame

i bought it of bernard in the copper coronet.

hach

Old 11-16-2000, 02:03 PM   #19
Arithor

I can advise the daystar as well. I used the sword for a LONG time (might have even had it in my fighter's second hand through the end).
The sunray ability is something that can really help now and then, especially since it is very lethal to monsters that are...let's say...the true essence of darkness.

Old 11-16-2000, 04:04 PM   #20
One-Eyed Jack

Thanks a bunch for your help guys! I really didn't think i'd get 18 replies! Whoo! I have one last question for you at the moment.. I'm still trying to figure this out.. but the only way to get to another spot on the map besides in the main town is through talking to people and having them mark your map? It's not like Baldur's Gate I where all you had to do is scroll to the next screen?