Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 08-29-2001, 02:52 AM   #1
The Ozzman
Zhentarim Guard

*************************Spoiler****************** ******
Is he a human? Im assuming he is Chaotic Evil? I guess the fact that he is your brother doesnt shed any light on these questions. What about the type of armor he wears and the sword he wields? Maybe some of you have inquired with black isle for some of these answers? Just wondering.
The Ozzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2001, 04:36 AM   #2
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

SPOILERS:
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
I can confirm the following things about Sarevok:

He is human (the reason for the strange eyes is because he is accepting the taint of Bhaal).

He is Chaotic/Evil.

His sword is called the sword of chaos, and heals the wielder as it deals damage.

I'm not sure on the armour... anyone got any ideas on this?

------------------
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
Sharpedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2001, 07:09 AM   #3
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Actually, I would say Saverok is more of a Lawful Evil more than anything else. A Chaotic Evil character would not have been able to plan everything that he had. If you remember correctly, Saverok tries to appoint himself as Duke and leader of the Flaming Fist. A Chaotic Evil character would have killed everyone, and seen no point in going between the lines.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2001, 07:49 AM   #4
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
Actually, I would say Saverok is more of a Lawful Evil more than anything else. A Chaotic Evil character would not have been able to plan everything that he had. If you remember correctly, Saverok tries to appoint himself as Duke and leader of the Flaming Fist. A Chaotic Evil character would have killed everyone, and seen no point in going between the lines.
I would have thought this too, but he's an intelligent bloke (17) so he would have probably realised that killing everyone would have landed him in a whole lot of trouble. Just because somebody is Chaotic/Evil, doesn't mean they can't come up with some sort of plan to wreak the absolute havoc they long for.

MAJOR SPOLIERS RE: BG2-Throne of Bhaal and Sarevok
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
Since you get to have Sarevok in your party in ToB, you become privy to all this information anyway. What I have posted above is fact rather then supposition.

------------------
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

[This message has been edited by Sharpedge (edited 08-29-2001).]
Sharpedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 04:45 AM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I'd gone though the lists of all the stuff you can generate with the CLUAConsole, and some of it was pretty darn cool, but the Helm of Opposite Alignment was what really held my attention, because some of those Evil NPCs have pretty good stats. So, as I slaughtered and pillaged my way through the game, being careful not to miss anything, I kept my eyes open for that Helm, until the thought struck me: What if I got all the way to the end.....and found the Helm on Sarevok's corpse??? What a mind-bender that would be!

------------------
"How do you define 'fool?'"
"I don't attempt to. I wait for examples. They inevitably surpass my imagination."
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 08:00 PM   #6
Lioness
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
I'd gone though the lists of all the stuff you can generate with the CLUAConsole, and some of it was pretty darn cool, but the Helm of Opposite Alignment was what really held my attention, because some of those Evil NPCs have pretty good stats. So, as I slaughtered and pillaged my way through the game, being careful not to miss anything, I kept my eyes open for that Helm, until the thought struck me: What if I got all the way to the end.....and found the Helm on Sarevok's corpse??? What a mind-bender that would be!

SPOILER
after you kill Sav the game ends, you can't get anything off his corpse unfortunately.

------------------

Sword Saint of the HADB Clan
Waitress and resident storyteller at Cloudy's Cafe
Lil' Angel
Bestest Mate of the Cyan Knight
Lady of the Fallen Paladin
Lioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2001, 09:23 AM   #7
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
Hmmm... do bear in mind Sarevok does not wish to become a Duke to gain worldly power, or usurp rule; he sees engineering the war between Amn and BG as the best way to kill as many people as possibl, far far more than he could ever kill single-handed. He orders the callous death of several to achieve his ambitions. He certainly doesn't 'obey laws out of fear of punishment' or 'honour any contract he might have made' as Lawful Evil characters are decribed. Sarevok is Chaotic Evil alright.

Sarevok mentions in ToB that he is somewhat peeved his armour and sword do not appear... I assume that, like the Sword of Chaos, Sarevok's armour allows him to channel his Bhaal essence to something useful. Could it be, then, that his armour is what grants him his magical immunity, as he certainly doesn't have this when you meet him again?
Tancred is offline   Reply With Quote