Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-07-2001, 07:31 AM   #1
daan
Silver Dragon

I've noted quite a few people asking Q.'s about the deathspell before (including me). So here's all you need to know :

A death-spell kills all summoned creatures allways
Further more, it kills creatures with 8 hitdice or les. Hitdice:
Every creature is given a number of hitdice, to determine its HP. For Ex., IF an orc had
4 HitDice, he'd have between 4 and 32 HP.
(a hitdice has 8 sides). Every time you encounter an orc, these 4 hitdices are rolled to determine the orc's HP, different Orc's have DIFFERENT HP.

So basically, a death-spell KillS all creatures of 64 HP (8 hitdice = 8 X 8..) and lower.
A deathspell does look at the max.hp though,
so if a 20th lvl fighter, with only 1 HP left, would get hit by a deathspell, it STILL wouldnt affect him, since his MAX.HP, is way above 64.
Old 11-07-2001, 07:35 AM   #2
Jan

Hey this is good stuff.

Thumbs up!!

Old 11-07-2001, 09:29 AM   #3
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks, I understand now!!!
Old 11-08-2001, 04:48 AM   #4
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

p.s. death spell absolutely rocks against those annoying packs of kuo-toa and sahuagin. at least in SoA; the ToB varieties seem to be tougher.
Old 11-08-2001, 12:43 PM   #5
Nifft the Nimble

I was once playing an evil Jester who leveled up fairly quickly ... she was 9th level when she left Irenicus' dungeon. She picked up a few tagalongs and minions (evil jesters don't have friends as such) and went to insult some mercinaries in the Bridge district.

The mercenaries had a mage with them. Late in the fight, their mage cast a Death spell ... and killed her entire party, save the Jester herself. The hardest part wasn't finishing the fight solo, it was hauling all the slain tagalong's equipment to a store ...

A 7th level Berzerker with a 19 constitution can have more than 64 HP, but will be permanently slain by a Death spell nonetheless.

The happy ending to this story is: I bought ToB and started over.

-- Nifft