Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2001, 02:56 AM   #1
Forscythe
Dungeon Master

Another trick!!!

I must say you helped me before with the illusions trick so i must ask....

What are these 2 el cheapo tricks to slay that noble ranger....Drizzt?
Forscythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2001, 07:17 AM   #2
Attila
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sooooo did that trick work? Not bad huh?

Well there are two ways in killing drizzt, the first is the one about luring drizzt to a place on the map with a sortof island and using alot...Alot of arrows. This is not my trick and it is very well documented on some message board in this forum somewhere.

However i do have a trick not too many people know about. HAHA Great minds think alike! Firstly you get your Npcs to surround him...making sure he cant move. Then remove them from your party. If your a fighter of sometype carry a spear or a halberd or something long...and i dont mean that other thing. hoho sorry 'cough'...Then start attacking drizzt behind one of your NPCs. He cannot attack you because he is welding scimitars and he will not attack your NPCs because he is good alignhed and the NPCs are neutral...because you removed them for your party ...right?

There you go, saves you time and arrows and money... so it is an el cheapo trick. Have fun, i need his things more then he does...i think...
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2001, 07:20 AM   #3
Lioness
Jack Burton

Cool trick, Attila!

------------------

Sword Saint of the HADB Clan
Waitress and resident storyteller at Cloudy's Cafe
Lil' Angel
Bestest Mate of the Cyan Knight
Lady of the Fallen Paladin
Lioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2001, 10:42 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

My strategy for whacking Drizzt was to put all my range attackers in a TIGHT group, with lots of ammo. Then I had my fighter with REALLY good A.C. and the Boots of Speed attack Drizzt, then lead him in a Ring-around-the-Rosie for a LONG time. You have to be careful not to let your bait get too far away from Drizzt, because you DEFINITELY don't want him to go after your archers instead. If you can possibly cast Slow on Drizzt beforehand, do so, as it gives him a +4 penalty to his A.C., but he's got like 95% Magic Resistance, so it almost never works. Arrows of Piercing are also excellent, but I chose to go with normal arrows instead; my party was pretty low-level, so I figured they would need to roll a Critical Hit to do any damage anyway.

Definitely quite risky, but a lot more honorable than luring him to the island.

------------------
"How do you define 'fool?'"
"I don't attempt to. I wait for examples. They inevitably surpass my imagination."
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 11:12 AM   #5
Nazgūl
Manshoon

use the same tactics i use for really really hard people: wand of monster summoning +10 charges +always summoning new ones = dead drizzt
Nazgūl is offline   Reply With Quote