Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-18-2001, 03:20 PM   #1
Cyin_Dyhacer

After completing the StrongHold Quest, Nalia handed the Stronghold over to my barbarian(I then ditched her anoying ass of course). I did most of the quests until i got up to the one were a guy claimed he was the rightful ruler. He wanted me to hand the power over to him. I didn't, we exchanged threats and appearently an army was sapose to come and take over the StrongHold. Well i waited, got impatient, and completed the game without ever knowing if he would attack with an army. I thought that would be a cool quest if you had to defend your castle, while your army and an other duked it out.

Well, my question is, did anybody complete that quest? And did he actually attack?

In Bg1, when you came across a group of bandits, you would usually here them say
"So i kicked him in the head until he was dead", sounding as if they were ending an intense conversation with that line until you interupted. I thought it was hilarious.

Does anybody have that sound extracted from the game and no were i can download it?

Thankyou...

Old 01-18-2001, 05:04 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Regarding your question, yes Lord Roahell (whatever his name is.....) attacks your castle. But this event only occurs after you met with him initially (as you have stated) and have completed about 3 more side quests (I think that's the number) before a messager from your castle appears and tells you that your castle is under attack and you need to return ASAP. You get tons of experience when you finish the fighter stronghold.
Old 01-18-2001, 11:10 PM   #3
Armisael

Of course, the 'armies' consist of about five blokes on either side slinging arrows at each other... heh.

Old 01-19-2001, 05:01 AM   #4
Multiple

Haha.
Haven't done that quest, but got a laugh out of what Armisael said...
Guess he wasn't such a powerful lord after all.

Old 01-19-2001, 06:48 AM   #5
Hagar

5 on each side??? Does that means I can't use my catapult's to destroy his siege towers? Damn, damn, damn!!!

Old 01-19-2001, 10:44 AM   #6
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

The Roenalls attack is the 8th castle plot. A messenger will summon you when it's time. Lord Roenall has like 5 or 6 archers with him. My fighter just sighed and wandered over killing Lord Roenall in like three hits. Bit of an anti climax.
Old 01-19-2001, 10:46 AM   #7
Armisael

Didn't even have anything decent, either. Some sort of platemail +1 and a crap bastard sword. Who's he kidding?

Old 10-28-2001, 01:03 AM   #8
Aggamemnon
Welcomed New User

I got the messenger telling me to come back and defend the keep, but when I get there nothing happens. Is there something I need to do to make the battle start?
Old 10-28-2001, 04:10 AM   #9
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

talk to the major domo.

yah, the battle is anticlimactic bigtime. By that time, I was far too powerful for those pushovers. I had Edwin cast Timestop, and 2 Abi-Dalzim's. Killed everything instantly. You get no decent items, and no big exp boost either (I seem to remember 20000 quest exp, certainly not 'tons'). I found the whole fighter stronghold a waste of time.
Old 10-28-2001, 08:01 AM   #10
Aggamemnon
Welcomed New User

Thanks for replying. I did talk to the Majordomo but he just gave me the usual dialogue options. I also tried talking to the Captain of the guard and still no battle. Anything else I need to do?