Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2001, 01:03 AM   #1
Arathor
The Magister

I am gonna start a multiplayer game with a buddy, and was wondering what the best 2 person party would be.
Arathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 01:18 AM   #2
Kaleban
Manshoon

I'd say a multi-class fighter/thief, and a multi-class cleric/mage. Both are decent in combat, and the tactics available to the two characters are quite varied.

Examples:

F/T tanks for the C/M
Both classes CAN melee (Crom Faeyr to C/M)
F/T scouts ahead as a spotter, C/M using attack spells.
C/M hastes, F/T stealths for backstab, C/M loads up a Spell Triger with a Pierce Shield, Greater malison, and Doom, then Polymorph (muhahaha!)
etc., etc., etc.
Old 12-15-2001, 01:25 AM   #3
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

with only two people, you dont really need a cleric at all. there are PLENTY of potions to go around for two people. i would go with a paladin, either cavalier or undead hunter. i would also go with a sorceror, or a fighter, dualed to a thief at the start of the game. this makes him better at melee, and gives alot of hps. then, when you excede that level to become a fighter/thief, you will have an outstanding backstab ability. it take NO time to get to level 8 as a thief anyway. then you will have two good fighters, and an awesome thief.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 01:26 AM   #4
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

with only two people, you dont really need a cleric at all. there are PLENTY of potions to go around for two people. i would go with a paladin, either cavalier or undead hunter. i would also go with a sorceror, or a fighter, dualed to a thief at the start of the game. this makes him better at melee, and gives alot of hps. then, when you excede that level to become a fighter/thief, you will have an outstanding backstab ability. it take NO time to get to level 8 as a thief anyway. then you will have two good fighters, and an awesome thief.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 09:31 AM   #5
andy the assasin
Manshoon

a fighter/mage and a kensai/theif
andy the assasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 09:47 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Sorcerer and Monk.

Traps? The Monk can Detect Traps, and when a trap is detected, the Sorcerer can be the 'Bomb Squad' and trigger it safely since he/she will have a buttload of spell protections.

Locks? Use a Knock spell, you will have to assume that the Sorcerer is soloing.

Health? The Monk has Lay on Hands and when you add in the fact that there are only two of them, that means that there will be plenty of Health Potions to go around. The Sorcerer will barely get hurt, even more so since there is a Monk to protect him/her now.

The Monk will be like a magic shield for the Sorcerer, what with his/her magic resistance. The Monk is also a formidable melee fighter and when he/she gets his/her ToB HLAs, he/she will rock the house with his/her fists of fury.

It is almost a match made in Heaven. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 11:31 AM   #7
Kasur
Welcomed New User

yea.
Kasur is offline   Reply With Quote