Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2004, 02:11 PM   #1
Fangrel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spoiler(?)
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
I've been crusing along with a solo druid (thanks for the inspiration Illumina), and I think I may have messed up. I'm working for the Shadow Thieves and went to Rayic's home I waited for the gate to open and entered. I then promptly retreated as the Mephits kick my booty. I've added some more experience (including a lucky butt kicking of the shadow dragon) and want to return to Rayic's, however the gosh darn gate never opens to let me know the door is open and he is home. Have I screwed up? I've waited outside for several days and the gate never opens and the door remains locked. Help!
Old 02-15-2004, 02:16 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I never had that kind of a problem. I suggest you load your previous save and try again. Are you fully patched?
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 03:19 PM   #3
Ares

'warp' yourself past the gates [img]redface.gif[/img]
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 05:08 PM   #4
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Try talking to Edwin again, that may trigger the gates to reopen.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 09:15 PM   #5
Fangrel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I may have to use the CLUAConsole:MoveToArea(''xxxxxx'') cheat to fix this, I was just trying not too. I spoke to Edwin and he basically ask what was taking so long.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:28 PM   #6
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

What Ares meant is to just teleport yourself. Open up the console and type "CLUAConsole:EnableCheatKeys()" (without the quotes) and then select your party and move the mouse to the other side of the gate. Then just press Ctrl+J and your party will appear there. That will save you having to find the area code as well.

Don't make a habit of using it though, you'll miss all sorts of trigger events if you start teleporting everywhere.

Hope that helps
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 05:03 AM   #7
Vedran
Lord Soth

Load the game. Load the game. Load the game. Load the game. Load the game. Load the game. Load the game. Load the game. Load the game. Load the game. Load the game. Load the game. Load the game. Load the game.

It's always better to reload than to debug.

EDIT: Added more irritating "Load the game."s

[ 02-16-2004, 05:05 AM: Message edited by: Vedran ]
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 04:44 PM   #8
Fangrel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

First off I'm a big duffus, cause I didn't have a save to load. So I used the cheat to move inside and take care of Rayric. I went back to Edwin and he acted as if he hadn't sent me there. All seems well now though. Thanks for the help, sorry I'm such a moron. I would have preferred the reload.

[ 02-17-2004, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: Fangrel ]
Old 02-17-2004, 05:26 PM   #9
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Fangrel:
First off I'm a big duffus, cause I didn't have a save to load. So I used the cheat to move inside and take care of Rayric. I went back to Edwin and he acted as if he hadn't sent me there. All seems well now though. Thanks for the help, sorry I'm such a moron. I would have preferred the reload.
Always keep a hard copy save from now on. Don't let quick save or auto save be the copies that you use, those should just be used while you're doing something that you're unsure about. Use a hard copy save before you start doing that thing you're unsure about, though.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 08:54 AM   #10
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

you guys are forgetting that he went and cleared out the Umar Hills in the meantime (as well as I dont know how much). A reload would have lost a lot of what he'd done in the game.

Afterall, if he couldn't beat the mephits, but has now killed a dragon... sounds like a fair bit of an experience difference. A reload would almost be like "start a new game if you can't open the door"