Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-16-2001, 03:27 PM   #11
Lord Shield

The fear of death is a death in itself. Nope. I don't fear it

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html
Old 06-16-2001, 05:15 PM   #12
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

I don't fear death,

It's a mixture of beliefs and things - like the supernatural, you can't fear it that much either, but it bothers you.

SO what's the point of freting over the inevitable?
It's like being afraid of growing up - how...stup.....(ahem)..'strange' is that?

------------------
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2001, 07:17 PM   #13
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

nope

------------------
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2001, 09:02 PM   #14
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

I was once married... to a woman of Sicilian heritage... I do not fear death or anything else for that matter.

Seriously, though, I figure that since death is the great equalizer, all that matters is how one lives their life. "Leave nothing undone that may be done. Leave nothing unsaid that may be said. Leave no one unloved who may be loved."

As others have said, my only fear is that I may suffer, thereby causing those who may care for me to suffer. That I will not allow.

------------------
{Next time I send some damned fool, I'll go myself...}
IdiotRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2001, 09:48 PM   #15
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

I do not fear my own death, tho as has been said by many, I hope not to suffer while dying.

I sometimes worry about the death of a loved one, but that is my own selfishness rearing it's ugly head. I would miss them terribly.

And as Wolfgir said so well:

Quote:
But one can fail terribly at living life..

Amen Wolfie! I hope to live as successfully as I can, by being the best *Me* I can be, and helping the lives of as many people as I can be better.

------------------

Having abandoned my
search for truth, I am
now looking for a good
fantasy.

[This message has been edited by bilqis (edited 06-16-2001).]
bilqis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2001, 10:02 PM   #16
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
I have always looked upon deatg to be the release from life, at times I looked forward towards it, times arenīīt always happy in life.. But I have come to an agreement with both ligfe and death and I donīt fear death for myself, the standard answer here, I fear for other to die that are close to me..

Death is only a natural thing and until then I will do most things to try and have a decent life, Iīm more afraid to live than to die. You canīt fail to die, you will do that one way or another.. But one can fail terrible at living life..

Wolfgir, I always felt that I failed terribly at living life. I had a rotten childhood and adolescence; I married an abusive man and consequently spent many years in such a state of mental stress that I was as close to insane as makes no difference; which made me a dreadful parent even though I loved my children dearly. I three times attempted suicide (quite seriously). Failed at living - and dying!.
But amazingly, life is now great! I don't understand how, but my children care for me a great deal. I have forgiven all the people who damaged me; my children have forgiven me; I am living in the way I want to - except I could do with more money!
'Failing at living' is not a permanant condition!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 06-16-2001).]
Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 06:38 AM   #17
DarkPiper
Dungeon Master

No, and yes.

I don't worry about what'll happen to me when I'm dead. At times I =do= worry about =how= I'll die.

OTOH, whenever I've had a close call -- most often just barely avoiding an accident while driving -- I am never so glad to be alive.

It's part of our nature to fight against death, but if we're lucky, it's also part of our nature to come to terms with it.

A line from my favorite comic sums it up best:

"The wolf fights to survive....but death, when it comes, is neither friend not enemy. It is."

DP
DarkPiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 07:09 AM   #18
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Wolfgir, I always felt that I failed terribly at living life. I had a rotten childhood and adolescence; I married an abusive man and consequently spent many years in such a state of mental stress that I was as close to insane as makes no difference; which made me a dreadful parent even though I loved my children dearly. I three times attempted suicide (quite seriously). Failed at living - and dying!.
But amazingly, life is now great! I don't understand how, but my children care for me a great deal. I have forgiven all the people who damaged me; my children have forgiven me; I am living in the way I want to - except I could do with more money!
'Failing at living' is not a permanant condition!

I do feel for you Fjotsdale, life isnīt always your choice entirely. One has responsibilities and sometimes alot of bad luck. I too have tried suicide, but well knowing that I canīt do it, I have to much anger insdie me to give up helped out, that and a lovely girl at that time.

Iīm so glad to hear that life is better for you now. And yes, life isnīt a permanent condition, if you cling to it, possibilities are there for the taking, though it can be hard to see them and also to take them!

Life is, IMHO, never to be understood, but to be lived (sorry for the phrasing but Iīm lacking the words here ok?) experienced and to be shared by thoose that mean something.. Well , most people has to find their truth of it all. And it seems that you have! *BIG WOLFIEHUG!*

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 01:00 AM   #19
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

No, I don't fear death. I've faced the possiblity of my eminent death on a couple of ocassions.
1st: In my youthful drug using days I had the opportunity to look down a sawed-off double barrel shot gun, one wrong move and bye-bye.
2nd: On a rainy night in a car wreak, I saw it coming realized that the car was about to hit the medium and flip. I had time to pray (no deals I know that I couldn't keep my end of the bargain), to be spared if it was His will, asked for forgiveness, and commended my soul to His hands. Then sat back and waited for whatever was going to happen.

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"
John D Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 03:53 AM   #20
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkPiper:

A line from my favorite comic sums it up best:

"The wolf fights to survive....but death, when it comes, is neither friend not enemy. It is."

DP
You and me both! I have no time to fear my own death, i have to fight each day to keep my sanity, is another similiar quote...

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote