Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-06-2005, 10:35 PM   #21
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Erm...i know....i was watching too. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2005, 10:38 PM   #22
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Well, I was wrong about Terrell Owens. He had an impressive game and the Eagles played the Patriots much tougher than I expected. But their inexperience showed up in the last 3 minutes of the game and cost them a chance at victory.

Still, it was an exciting game from start to finish for a change.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:44 PM   #23
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Looks like the dynasty has arrived. I thought the pats would blow philly outa the water though and to had a pretty good game.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:59 PM   #24
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
It's over anyway, New England picked up another Superbowl victory. Was a close game too, Eagles would've gotten it if they could've picked up that onside kick, but instead it went right into the Patriot's arms.
Actually, they lost the game before that point. They took WAY too much time going down the field, which is what made them have to go for the onside kick. If they had hurried up instead of wasting time getting the touchdown, then they could have kicked it away, played defense to get the ball back, then have time to drive back down to kick the field goal. I was screaming at the TV the whole time going "no huddle...morons!"

TO had a great game, pretty much silencing the critics. McNabb was not so great. During the last quarter he looked out of synch a lot of the time, and made some poor decisions.

However, hats off to the Patriots. Played a tough, sloppy game, and came away with the win. You could see the experience factor pretty much decide the game in their favor.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 11:12 PM   #25
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

At least we all know the Eagles are coming back next season... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 11:38 PM   #26
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerull:
quote:
It's over anyway, New England picked up another Superbowl victory. Was a close game too, Eagles would've gotten it if they could've picked up that onside kick, but instead it went right into the Patriot's arms.
Actually, they lost the game before that point. They took WAY too much time going down the field, which is what made them have to go for the onside kick. If they had hurried up instead of wasting time getting the touchdown, then they could have kicked it away, played defense to get the ball back, then have time to drive back down to kick the field goal. I was screaming at the TV the whole time going "no huddle...morons!"

TO had a great game, pretty much silencing the critics. McNabb was not so great. During the last quarter he looked out of synch a lot of the time, and made some poor decisions.

However, hats off to the Patriots. Played a tough, sloppy game, and came away with the win. You could see the experience factor pretty much decide the game in their favor.
[/QUOTE]Ok, maybe I should've said "could've" gotten it, but nevertheless you're right. Even though McNabb was able to make that 40 yard touchdown pass, I figured they'd lose anyway. Seems like it's becoming habit to make those big mistakes more often in the first half of the game like it did last year. Wasn't there 2-3 interceptions made by the Patriots in the first quarter by itself?

Was hoping for Eagles to win, but kudos to the Patriots.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 12:12 AM   #27
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Wasn't there 2-3 interceptions made by the Patriots in the first quarter by itself?
One int, one fumble. However, Pats were sloppy in the beginning, too. In fact, it was pretty even in the fourth quarter. That was when the Pats' experience came through.

Oh, I posted my poll for funniest Super Bowl commercial here.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 01:05 PM   #28
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerull:
quote:
Wasn't there 2-3 interceptions made by the Patriots in the first quarter by itself?
One int, one fumble.[/QUOTE]Huh... guess I paid too much attention to the replays
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote