Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2001, 11:14 PM   #1
zachzach
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How do you kill this big snake lady thing?? How high should my characters be before facing her? Any tips on how to kill this #$%^&?? PLEASE HELP, THANKS!
zachzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2001, 11:24 PM   #2
Moni

If you got the elixer from Kerielle, you can put her to sleep while you heal up in the middle of your fight. She is a toughie and I hate to admit I don't remember the level of characters I beat her with (I am thinking around 12).
Change the selection at the top of the front page of this forum to read "Show all topics" and then click "Go"...when the page reloads, you will be able to do a thorough search on Xydusa and get many valuable hints, tips and a lot more information on the fight you are facing at this point in the game.

Good Luck and Welcome to Ironworks!
Old 09-06-2001, 11:39 PM   #3
zachzach
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I did not get the elixer so can I still beat her? Please any cetain spells or something?
zachzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 12:43 AM   #4
the_young_one
Manshoon

Xydusa is one of the hardest monsters to defeat since your characters are still quite raw.

Bows and long distance spells are not very effective. Better to use defensive spells such as haste, heroic might, bless and take Xydusa on in melee. Time your attacks and strike at Xydusa just as she is leaning backwards. This way, her atttack is interrupted so no damage..

If you need to rest in this fight, run to the other side of the room and keep the large disk in the middle between Xydusa and you. This way you can heal up.. Lastly, hopefully have stone to flesh potions because Xydusa's spells may turn your character to stone

ps: if you want the snakeskin trait (50% resistance to poison) for one of your characters, Xydusa has to be alive when you meet Elyssia.. This means running past Xydusa for the time being.. Don't worry - you can still go back down and kill Xydusa after your encounter with Elyssia..

, you interrupt her attack and you can get away with Xydusa hardly getting any attacks
the_young_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 02:18 AM   #5
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

The best way I've come up with to defeat Xydussa is to cast every buff spell you have. Then, before she has a chance to use her gaze attack (green Lightning Bolt) run and hit her with melee weapons. Try timing your hits so that they hit her just as she rears back to strike. With practice and a little luck you can get through the fight without even being touched. Even your magic-users should use their weapons. If you can't hit her as she tries to strike, instead, retreat a little and she won't hit you (one of the few times you enjoy seeing the OUT-OF-RANGE message in the text box). It may take a couple tries but you'll get it eventually. And don't worry, fights like these are quite rare (this is the hardest fight in the game IMO). Good luck! Let us know how you do!

-Jafin

------------------

Arch-Mage of the HADB
Destroyer of the evil Bunnies
Guardian of Boo and best friend of Minsc
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 12:59 PM   #6
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by zachzach:
I did not get the elixer so can I still beat her? Please any cetain spells or something?
You can still beat her...the elixer just puts her to sleep until you heal up and whack her again but as you can see, in the above posts, there are ways around having to keep her still.
Good Luck!

Old 09-07-2001, 02:28 PM   #7
Thompson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I can't remember quite clearly, but I think I killed her by casting haste on everybody and simply hacked the living shit out of her. Of course I healed the characters on occasion
Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 06:16 PM   #8
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

You can still kill her without the potion. I found her to be one of the hardest challenges in the game. I know I had a good many tries at her before beating her. Its been awhile but I believe I used a hit a run tactic on her.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2001, 04:10 AM   #9
Qbas
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well i must say that Xydusa was EASY!..I just whacked her and healed my party on occasion...she has lots of hit points, but i didn't think she was so hard (my characters were at level 9)...To me Xydusa was EASY pray
Qbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2001, 12:49 PM   #10
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Qbas:
To me Xydusa was EASY pray
you're supposed to kill her not pray to her....

though I did accidently healed her on my first time

adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote