Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 05-20-2002, 09:25 AM   #1
Khazad
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Might be a spoiler read with caution
I have been playing through the Jahiera romance...going along doing my good deeds...solving quests and working toward leveling up to 14 (I am a druid)...dee-du-dee-du-dee....

And, not really paying attention, I let my reputation get up to 18....All of the sudden Jahiera dropped her famous "where to now fearless leader" line on me...Oops! Is the romance dead?

Shortly after her "fearless leader" line, I did get one more dialog...About her armor being dirty and needing to be cleaned...I was going to choose the second response - don't remember what it was, but basically it was the "middle ground" response...But I acidentally clicked #3 which was the very weak "your armor looks well worn - well worn on you" line...heh...Would that line work on anyone? She thanked me for trying to cheer her up, but then told me that my silver tongue needed some smithing that it was too blunt...Oops again!

So, is the romance terminally damaged? Is it too late to salvage? Should I run out in the street and slaughter a child in front of her to lower my reputation and thus impress her?

Thanks!
Old 05-20-2002, 11:31 AM   #2
Cecil
Dungeon Master

Well, I haven't done the Jaheria romance, so I can't give you advice on that, but I did want to say ROFL on the dialog.

Quote:
told me that my silver tongue needed some smithing that it was too blunt...Oops again!
Cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 11:43 AM   #3
Helspanth
Quintesson

The romance with jaheira is safe so don't worry!
Your rep doesn't have any effect on the romance and your answer was a good one!You should try to cheer her up from now on but don't OVERdo it!
Good Luck on the romance!You are going to need it!!!
Old 05-21-2002, 12:51 AM   #4
hermit09
Dungeon Master

Do, however, try to keep your reputation above 10 (or was it 14? can´t remember), and that way you´ll get a big XP bonus when the romance reaches its conclusion (and Jaheira gets something very useful, too).

If a bug doesn´t stop you from getting there, that is. The one fault I can find with the romance is that it´s terribly buggy.