Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-15-2002, 08:19 PM   #21
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
If the Dems had an ounce of sense (and that has never been proven ) they will just let this one go and let it all play out on its own.

Mark
Actually, I think they've taken your advise and played the "smart" card.

They are barely responding to this. If they came out damning Lott, it could be made into a partisan issue, but instead, they are letting it "play out". I imagine Lott's camp is praying for the Democrats to "go after him" on this.

[ 12-15-2002, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 12-15-2002, 08:39 PM   #22
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I am for Lott resigning, not because of any priors, etc., but because he stupidly embarrassed the GOP at a delicate time. Of course, he can stay in the Senate as long as his constiuents want him, but he should not be Senate Majority Leader.
Old 12-15-2002, 11:13 PM   #23
Gregster
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think that politically, Lott has screwed the pooch. He's been toe-dancing around cuddling up to groups like the CCC (The Conservative Christian Council...or Council of Conservative Christians, whatever...they're knuckleheads) and now he drops this bomb.

Fact is, nobody but Trent Lott "knows" what Trent Lott meant...he perhaps was worked up got all emotional, made an ill-advised statement, there ya go. Whatever he "meant," I'm sure he was saying "D'OH!" to himself right afterwards. I will say that much more is being made of this than it warrants. Not that I'm surprised; politicians pray for little windfalls like this, and a high-powered Republican Senator making a gaffe like that is pure gold. Especially when the Republican's lone black Senator that I'm aware of and the two or three stridently conservative black op-ed guys who actually get air time are backing away from him from like he has lethal halitosis. The Republican Party, I sincerely doubt, is going to close ranks with this guy and alienate their black voters-- they all might pile into a VW Bug and drive straight to the White House and give Bush what-for (I kid the Repub's 'cuz I voted for 'em... ).

Whatever is right, wrong, or fair-- Lott has stepped in it big time, and he'll hard a helluva time scraping THIS off his shoe.

Maybe Sen. Lott is, at his core, an absolute racist swamp-running cracker who laments the day the colored folk got to drink from the same water fountain as himself. Maybe ex-Sen. Thurmond is the same way. Maybe the don't belong in high positions of elected office (well, we don't need to worry about Strom anymore, but you get my drift)...well, here's the kicker gang: they were elected. Wanna be upset? Be upset with the voters in Mississippi who keep electing that twink into the Senate.

[ 12-15-2002, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: Gregster ]
Old 12-15-2002, 11:33 PM   #24
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Gregster:
In order to find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!! -- Mad Stephen
The best and truest line from Braveheart. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2002, 12:58 PM   #25
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

he will step down he doesnt have the support anymore
Old 12-16-2002, 01:51 PM   #26
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

He should step down. He's hurt the party once to often with this latest incident. It angred my when I heard about. There is no room for such statements anymore in this country!
Old 12-16-2002, 09:46 PM   #27
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Question:

Should Trent Lott step down as Senate Majority Leader? If so or if not, why?

Will he step down? What is your prediction?

Mark
I don't know who Trent Lott is.

Which country is he senate leader in? Brazil?

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 12-17-2002, 10:16 AM   #28
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

You're a good sport Mark. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Have a good one bro.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 12-17-2002, 09:41 PM   #29
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Hey Bro!

Trent Lott is a Senator from Mississippi State. We Generally have two Senators per state, although there are some xcptions. I can clearly say that these representatives are elected fairly within the confines of the country's stipulations in voting proceedures. Why in certain area's someone can carry such old idea's so far I will not understand. What's between America's coasts can be out of touch. Middle America steers the way right now.

What I am concerned about now is that worldwide is sees the U>S> as unmelting pot attituded stupids. Lott is losing his job rightly so and the new will step up.

Skywalker-(no offense's here, just facts)

You have 3 choices a representative;

1. Associates with crooked poiticians, and consults with astrologists. He had 2 mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

2. He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whisky every evening.

3. He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegaterian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and hasn't had any extra marital affairs.

1.Franklin Roosevelt
2.Winston Churchill
3.Adolph Hitler
Old 12-17-2002, 10:20 PM   #30
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

He would be an idiot not to step down at this point. Alot of people want his job and this is their oppurtunity. Democrats aren't attacking cause the republicans are going to do it for them. Unless of course he manages to stay the majority leader then they will make republicans out as a racist party(along the lines of how could they possibly allow him to stay majority leader after what he said)
funny thing is the right people die and strom would have been president, I think he's retired now