Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2001, 12:47 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Hearing people talking at work, they say that they hear that the men that were responsible had left there cars behind at the airport parking lot(obviously). The FBI have searched the cars and found some evidence such as flight plans, scripts in Arabic, one had a picture of Bin Laden, etc. A few suspects have been picked up as a result of evidence they found.
Big question...could those cars have been planted there purposely to throw the feds. of track? Could the real killers be using that as a way to hide themselves?

------------------

Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.
Old 09-12-2001, 12:50 PM   #2
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Scary thing is...Anything's possible. Out of necessity, humans as a rule have become very paranoid. Because this question is out there, we'll never know for sure, but it certainly seems like a plant to me. Why would they go through so much stealthy preparation and execution of a plan to leave behind evidence??? I don't buy it! (my husband tells me all the time that I should've been a Profiler or a Detective.)

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)
Old 09-12-2001, 12:52 PM   #3
MagiK

Actually the REAL killers are dead...they were in those planes. However there are certainly people living in this country who sheltered these men and helpped them accomplish their mission...most likely under the guise of simple hardworking Arab-immigrants.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-12-2001, 12:54 PM   #4
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

How could anybody be so STUPID and keep a picture of the guy who hired him in his car when he KNEW it was going to be searched? That is all I can say...

------------------

Kazara

Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-12-2001, 12:55 PM   #5
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Actually the REAL killers are dead...they were in those planes. However there are certainly people living in this country who sheltered these men and helpped them accomplish their mission...most likely under the guise of simple hardworking Arab-immigrants.

You are right as to the ACTUAL assassins. But I still don't think anyone would leave proof behind after going through all they must have done to accomplish their goals. I even doubt that the ones who hijacked the planes were the "masterminds", nor anyone who harbored them. The minds that planned this out so well would surely have ensured that THEY wouldn't be tracked down. Evidence left in cars just seems too easy...(imo)

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)
Old 09-12-2001, 12:56 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
quoted from CNN:
Rebel group behind Kabul strike
September 11, 2001 Posted: 7:15 PM EDT (2315 GMT)

KABUL, Afghanistan (CNN) -- Explosions have rocked the capital city of Kabul, hours after terrorist attacks targeted financial and military centers in the United States.

A rebel group fighting against Afghanistan's ruling Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack.

CNN Correspondent Nic Robertson stood on a balcony for a live report around 2:30 a.m. local time (6 p.m. ET), while explosions boomed behind him. A fire was visible on the horizon, near the city's airport.

Sources there said an ammunition storage facility was hit.

Robertson said a spokesman for the rebel group Northern Alliance, led by Ahmad Shah Massoud, claimed responsibility for the early morning attack and promised more strikes were to come.

The attack comes after an assassination attempt Sunday against Massoud. The rebel leader's brother said Massoud was wounded in the attack, but U.S. officials received information that the leader was killed.

Massoud, a former defense minister under the deposed government of President Burhanuddin Rabbani, fled to the hills of northern Afghanistan after the Taliban Islamic militia captured Kabul in 1996.

The Northern Alliance controls 5 percent to 10 percent of the country's territory.

Robertson said tracer fire was also seen early Wednesday morning, and anti-aircraft fire was heard.

Afghanistan is believed to be the home of Osama bin Laden, the mastermind suspected to be behind Tuesday's deadly attacks that toppled the landmark twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York and a portion of the Pentagon near Washington.

The editor of a Pakistani newspaper with ties to bin Laden told CNN that bin Laden denied involvement in any of the attacks.

"I am not involved in this actions in New York and Washington, but I support these actions. I see them as a reaction against the oppressor," he said in a written statement.

He added, "When the innocent people were killed in Palestine, why were the people of America silent?"

------------------

---------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 12:59 PM   #7
Moni

I heard (on the news) that the evidence has led the FBI to search some areas of *ahem* Florida, with warrants, as a possible point of entry into this country.

Hmmmmmm

Interesting approach to your thread Larry! What do you think?

(Anyone who thinks I implied anything other than the connection to Florida is anything more than an odd coincidence...that would be your opinion, not mine! Thanking you in advance for keeping this forum civil today)

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-12-2001, 01:05 PM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

In response to the question of what I think, I agree with alot of you that the cars in the parking lot with "planted" evidence is too easy. And if my little pea-brain can place that in the options menu,,,then so can the FEDS. I am sure that they understand a planted decoy when they see one. There will be many people looking into it, and no one man's opinion will weigh heavier than another,
me thinks...

------------------

---------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 01:09 PM   #9
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
I heard (on the news) that the evidence has led the FBI to search some areas of *ahem* Florida, with warrants, as a possible point of entry into this country.

Hmmmmmm

Interesting approach to your thread Larry! What do you think?

(Anyone who thinks I implied anything other than the connection to Florida is anything more than an odd coincidence...that would be your opinion, not mine! Thanking you in advance for keeping this forum civil today)

Im confused...what DO you mean bu this? I think my brain is too fried today to think clearly.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-12-2001, 01:10 PM   #10
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
me thinks...
I agree with this sentiment.
It will take some time to sort out all of the legitimate pieces of evidence from the phony ones and it is way too early to make assumptions.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!