Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-10-2001, 12:35 AM   #1
Sparkle Tom
Elite Waterdeep Guard

A friend and I have over a month invested here, and it appears we're screwed by cross-purpose quests. Any help is appreciated ... we REALLY don't want to start from scratch.
The problem: We're stuck in Chapter III. It appears Bodhi's quest is the problem, and shame on Black Isle if this is a bug.

We agreed to her quest when we bumped into her in the graveyard ... after being invited by messenger. Quest = nab the cargo at the docks. Well it isn't there. I fear this is the SAME cargo that we protected when we were in service to the T Guild ... with Mook on the landing .. you got me?

To further complicate things - our arrival at the docks was predictably met with violence by the T Guild. Well, we'd switched alliances so this was met with horrible violence on our part. I don't recall killing Renal, in fact don't think we ran into him this trip to the docks, but I seem to remember going below and killing the other guy (Aral?). We just laid waste to everyone in the place as they were attacking us .. I recall no talkers.

So .. here we are. No quests except the Paladin quest (Bridge dist.) and ticked-off Harpers that have threatened Jah. I wonder ... have we blocked off all ways of reckoning with Bohdi? She still thinks there's cargo and has admonished us for days to go fetch it. Again, I think we attended to that cargo with the T Guild as our boss. Sigh ... BTW, our trip to the Harper house on Docks map yeilded no opponents (we'd cleared it ages ago).

Other things that come to mind:

In the current state, attacking Bodhi is met with instant group death via movie.

Can't seem to use "staking" on the Vampire coffins, unsure if they were all killed during our adventures.

That's all I can think of. Thanks for any advice.

S*T

Old 08-10-2001, 02:25 AM   #2
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Oke, Im not sure if i can help you here but I can share some info with ya. Renal Bloodscalp is NOT the main set of quests in the chapter. He works for Aran Linvail. Is the Linvail quests that you have a choice over working for Bohdi. You can work for either one but not both. If you agree to work for Bohdi and have chosen the evil path. Not that working for the shadow thieves is alot less evil or anything, but shes just more evil than Aran Linvail.

Are you going to the correct part of the docks to get the cargo??

Do you have the patch??? do you have any other updates or anything???? I think the engpatch can be found on the front page (or a link to the patch anyway) here: www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/ i hope that helps cuz i dont know what else to tell you.

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2001, 07:07 AM   #3
Legolas the Elven Archer

If downloading the patch didn't help, try this:

Open the file baldur.ini, which can be found in the directory where you installed Baldurs Gate 2 game. Then scroll down to a header called "Program Options". Add the following line under this header: Debug Mode=1

You can now access the cheats built in to BG2. In the game, press CTRL and SPACE
at the same time. A box will open, in which you should type the following:

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("MISC6V")

(Mind the capital letters)
Afterwards, press Enter and one of your characters will carry the shipment for Bodhi. Bring it to her, and hopefully you can continue playing.
(I am fairly certain MISC6V is the right code, but I could be wrong. If so, ask someone else who knows)

In this instance, it is not cheating, as you are stuck in the game and this is the only way to advance. Hope it helps!

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 09-02-2001, 05:25 AM   #4
Ed
Manshoon

I had that problem too, but somehow i found i had the box????? I can't remember picking it up, but anyway, I now can't get to bhodi, so i'm buggered once more....