Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2002, 01:04 PM   #1
Nydlari
Manshoon

Well, Morrowind has been delayed until May, so I have about a month to play something else. Just enough time to enjoy a new game, but what should it be? I'm thinking either HoMM or MMIX, but I'm very torn. I prefer rpgs and would normaly choose MMIX, but after the last one I'm very worried that it's going to suck and would rather wait until some reviews come out to buy it; but, by the time any serious reviews are published Morrowind will be out and that's all I'll be playing.

So, does anyone have a insider scoop on the quality (or lack there of) of the upcoming 3DO games?
Nydlari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 01:35 PM   #2
The Kiwi
The Magister

Having enjoyed Might & Magic III-VI, I didn't like MM-7, and never even tried MM-8, but am now looking forward to MM-IX. However, if that one doesn't appeal, how is it you didn't think about getting Dungeon Seige?

K.

The Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 02:11 PM   #3
Nydlari
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by The Kiwi:
how is it you didn't think about getting Dungeon Seige?
It just looks way too Diablo-ish, lots of hack and slash with little character developement or plot; basicly the same reasons I disliked MMVIII. Maybe I'm wrong, but since its own web site seems to only promote it for "over the top combat" I have a feeling it's going to be bad.
Old 03-27-2002, 03:01 PM   #4
Nordoki
Dungeon Master

The next game for me is Freedom Force. Comic book super-hero RPG.
Old 03-27-2002, 07:43 PM   #5
GenXCub
Drow Warrior

I've always been able to bide my time playing oldies. There are tons of free downloadable oldie games at www.the-underdogs.org and www.freeoldies.com

I wish they'd come out with a new version of Rollercoaster Tycoon... that was a great game.
Old 03-27-2002, 09:49 PM   #6
swavek
The Magister

Has anyone here considered Wizards and Warriors? It's forum is also hosted here and it's by the ex-creator of the older wizardry games mr. bw bradley. it's an excellent game.
Old 03-28-2002, 08:13 AM   #7
nekoshippo
Dungeon Master

I have finished WIZARDRY8 three times, so I am tired to play 4 times. Next game I play shall be Might and Magic 9.
nekoshippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 08:21 AM   #8
Nydlari
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by swavek:
Has anyone here considered Wizards and Warriors? It's forum is also hosted here and it's by the ex-creator of the older wizardry games mr. bw bradley. it's an excellent game.
Played it through once and got bored. Just too linear: no you cannot pass to the next region until you have completed the quest of passage in this region. How does any commerce get done in that world?

It's probably worth a once through if you've never played it and can buy a copy cheap somewhere, but I wouldn't expect much re-play potential.

Oh how I long for Morrowind! I'd like to play Daggerfall or Birthright again, but I can't get either to work under Win2000, and I don't want to waste precious hard drive space with a Win98 patition.

Anyone know of a good DOS emulator for an NT platform?
Old 03-28-2002, 08:28 AM   #9
Nydlari
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by nekoshippo:
I have finished WIZARDRY8 three times, so I am tired to play 4 times. Next game I play shall be Might and Magic 9.
Three times through Wiz8 does seem to be the right number. I played through two parties of 6 and my solo Dwarven Bishop. This has left me satified, feeling the game was well worth the money. I'm just not as sure MMIX will be worth the money, but then again 3DO is selling it cheap on it's web site (though that may be another reason to worry about its quality).
Old 03-28-2002, 10:36 AM   #10
Rokenn
Galvatron

Well if you want to try something different give Allied Assault a try. It is a FPS based in world war two. It is done very well with a big dose of realism. The missions are *very* tough as you can not just blast your way through them.