Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 07-03-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
Aladinsane
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default What am I missing?

While I have played BG2 many times this is my first time tackling Watcher's Keep. I made it to the end of Level 2, beat the boss of the level, obtained the portal key, and went to the portal. It took me outside on the steps. I went down to the next door and it is locked. Have I missed something? How do I get in the door to level 3? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
Kezardin
Elminster

Default Re: What am I missing?

The key give you access to the 3rd level through the portal - the doors can only be unlocked from the inside.

There are two portals on the second level - the one on the left takes you outside, the one on the right takes you down to level 3. Take the portal to level 3,use the 'exit' portal there and the outside door back into the level will be unlocked.

Last edited by Kezardin; 07-04-2009 at 03:54 AM.
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:23 AM   #3
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Yep, each level has 3 exits: up, down and out. They are marked in the map so in case of doubt just check it.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:54 AM   #4
Aladinsane
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you both! This does, however, confirm a long held suspicion of mine that I am a complete dope. Thanks again.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:56 AM   #5
Aladinsane
Elite Waterdeep Guard

On an unrelated note, this run through is a solo elven fighter/mage. I must say, this character is a beast. I had little difficulty getting through Shadows of Amn. TOB, however, has been a test. I did fairly well up to fire giant "temple" or whatever it was. That was tough. The giant seige camp proved too dificult, so I decided to take on Watcher's Keep in the hopes of leveling up and coming up with a new game plan. Any suggestions how to clear the siege camp and kill what's his name (yes I dealt with his heart)?
Old 07-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

SEMI-SPOILERS for ToB

Volothamp's Comeuppance says that Yaga-Shura has an infinite number of followers; this is incorrect. You can hang around the bridge area and (with the help of some good, Hasted summons) kill his d00ds . . . after about 2 turns, no more will appear, and you can face the big man himself. Hit him with something--anything--and he'll go away, leaving 5 or 6 lieutenants in his place; kill them quickly, before he gets back. When Yaga-Shura returns, you'd better have been saving up some Greater Whirlwinds, PfMWs, and of course lots of Fire immunity.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:08 PM   #7
Kezardin
Elminster

I wonder if recruiting Jaheira for this mission and letting her nag him into submission would work ?
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:09 AM   #8
Aladinsane
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks SOS for the reply and the strategy suggestion. When I have completed WK (or gone as far as I can) I'll give it a whirl, or should I say 7 greater whirlwinds.