Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-04-2003, 05:57 PM   #11
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
I am a "nonbeliever", and I always have been. I doubt I will change my mind. Where some people see Gods beauty I see the beauty of nature and the interaction between countless particles.

What I find interesting is that a person who does not believe in God is an atheist or a nonbeliever. Do not these persons believe? Yes we do, but we choose to believe in something else than God or to believe in "nothing". [img]smile.gif[/img]
Amen! Preach it, sister. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2003, 06:01 PM   #12
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Mojo, because when Moses lead his people out of Egypt, God would give them a fruitful land if they were to worship him, the Ark of the Covenant I believe. No one "makes" you worship God, it was set in stone in the Ten Commandments thousands of years ago and it's been done since. People all have different reasons of going, some to gain faith or a better perspective on life, but no one "makes" you worship him.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:07 PM   #13
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
Mojo, because when Moses lead his people out of Egypt, God would give them a fruitful land if they were to worship him, the Ark of the Covenant I believe.
Anyone ever notice that a lot of lawyers are Catholics and, *ahem*, Jews? My lawyer friends of both religious persuasions agree that the very rigid rules system in both religions (teams of scholars dedicated to very picky matters sometimes) are part of what make these folks very well adapted to go into the legal profession.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:15 PM   #14
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
I believe in God, but some people would find it hard that I do. I haven't been to church in... years quite honestly but I'm still a big believer in him.
Why would this be hard to believe? You choose how and what to believe, not your priest or your congregation. If you decide that you can believe just as well without those it does not lessen your faith. That is what belief is all about. It is what YOU decide. No one else. [img]smile.gif[/img] Some people like to share their beliefs and some do not.

Timber, I do not preach. I nag. So what´s with the spamming? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Edit: Removed very bad pun.

[ 05-04-2003, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 05-04-2003, 06:16 PM   #15
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I don't think relegion is that big an impact on professions Timber unless you're a minister and such, unless you're speaking of strectness and discipline values of it. So I guess I can see the role relegion has in it.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:18 PM   #16
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
quote:
I believe in God, but some people would find it hard that I do. I haven't been to church in... years quite honestly but I'm still a big believer in him.
Why would this be hard to believe? You choose how and what to believe, not your priest or your conjugation. If you decide that you can believe just as well without those it does not lessen your faith. That is what belief is all about. It is what YOU decide. No one else. [img]smile.gif[/img] Some people like to share their beliefs and some do not.

Timber, I do not preach. I nag. So what´s with the spamming? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Well, I figured you don't need to go to church if you believe in God. But I do know people that are, errm, whats the word... penacostles, right. Such as my aunt, penacostles are such big believers in God, she got on my case for reading a Harry Potter book [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2003, 06:28 PM   #17
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
It wasn't spam. I agreed with what you said, and wanted to add my voice. If you see the other thread from whence this one was begat, you'll see my ideas are VERY similar. Not that I don't *ever* [img]graemlins/spam3.gif[/img] mind you. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Conjugation.... R-O-F-L!! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2003, 06:36 PM   #18
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Well mght as well post, Cerek you and I have discused this before,lol and i still can not find the "path" I should take, I still feel lost, and do not belive in god. I ask you this, if god really did excist, why then would his "followers" be allowed to rape a small child? or better yet, why would his "preist" be allowed to molest young children? you knw my resons behind my feelings, if god made everything what was before everything? and how could any being live without the presence of another for time on end?
Old 05-04-2003, 06:41 PM   #19
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
So you noticed that. Did you have to highlight it for everyone to see? [img]tongue.gif[/img] I was aiming for subtle you know. Perhaps I should change it, but I thought it dang funny.

Stormy, priests are not allowed to do such things. No man is. [img]smile.gif[/img] But in all congregations, , there will be, well frankly idiots.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:42 PM   #20
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
So you noticed that. Did you have to highlight it for everyone to see? [img]tongue.gif[/img] I was aiming for subtle you know. Perhaps I should change it, but I thought it dang funny.

Stormy, priests are not allowed to do such things. No man is. [img]smile.gif[/img] But in all congregations, , there will be, well frankly idiots.
[/QUOTE]he does nothing to stop them, so they are allowed