Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2001, 07:48 AM   #1
Bristowe
Elminster

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT ANOUNCEMENT

All you people who like Dragonlance and not read The War Of Souls yet...READ IT! NOW! On par with the original trilogy!

Note: if anyone (like me) start talking about WoS, it may contain spoilers...

------------------
Yes indeed...

[This message has been edited by Bristowe (edited 05-14-2001).]
Old 05-14-2001, 07:58 AM   #2
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Bristowe:
THIS IS AN IMPORTANT ANOUNCEMENT

All you people who like Dragonlance and not read The War Of Souls yet...READ IT! NOW! On par with the original trilogy!

I wanna read more!!! I have only read the first book of WOS but we havent got the others here in NZ yet And i know the first one was so good. But im confused since Douglas Niles also wrote a good triogy about what happened after Dragons of Summer Flame and altho it has some similarities is not the same.

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-14-2001, 08:07 AM   #3
Bristowe
Elminster

YAH! Fully, 1st book is SO good...I saw the second one selling hardcover for $67.85 and i was very tempted, but i know a ripoff when i see it with my eye...i probly will still buy it though... i can only hope NZ get a whole big shipment soon

------------------
Yes indeed...
Old 05-14-2001, 08:21 AM   #4
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
YAH! Fully, 1st book is SO good...I saw the second one selling hardcover for $67.85 and i was very tempted, but i know a ripoff when i see it with my eye...i probly will still buy it though... i can only hope NZ get a whole big shipment soon

$67???????????????????????? My god thats a ripoff i would be surprised if they sold any at that price. I actaully end up buying a lot of my books in trips to aussie since no bookshops here sell FR or DL

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-14-2001, 08:34 AM   #5
Bristowe
Elminster

Well, the shop i saw 2nd book is kinda, er, big? so they can afford to sell expensive, but yeah, ripoff BAD...Which DL books have you got/read then? i read most the older ones but there are so many coming out that i cannot keep up...shame

------------------
Yes indeed...
Old 05-14-2001, 08:42 AM   #6
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Well, the shop i saw 2nd book is kinda, er, big? so they can afford to sell expensive, but yeah, ripoff BAD...Which DL books have you got/read then? i read most the older ones but there are so many coming out that i cannot keep up...shame

I have read ALL Dragonlance books except for one or 2 newer short stories books.

------------------

Old 05-14-2001, 08:52 AM   #7
Bristowe
Elminster

OMG, no kidding? That's a fair effort!...Gee.
You're like one of my friends, he's read them all too cept' one or two recent ones.

Ah, about dragons of a fallen sun, do you have any thoughts about how Mina gets her powers? I do, just wondering if you're thinking the same thing...

------------------
Yes indeed...
Old 05-14-2001, 09:21 AM   #8
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
OMG, no kidding? That's a fair effort!...Gee.
You're like one of my friends, he's read them all too cept' one or two recent ones.

Ah, about dragons of a fallen sun, do you have any thoughts about how Mina gets her powers? I do, just wondering if you're thinking the same thing...

I dont know really i havent read that one for more than a year now and have forgotten much of it after having read countless other books. But Isnt she Raistlins daughter. I know he says she is not but it sure seems like she is.

------------------

Old 05-14-2001, 09:28 AM   #9
Bristowe
Elminster

Whoa, back-up, me talking about the first book in the war of souls trilogy, "dragons of a fallen sun" pretty recent...yah?

------------------
Yes indeed...
Old 05-14-2001, 09:34 AM   #10
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Whoa, back-up, me talking about the first book in the war of souls trilogy, "dragons of a fallen sun" pretty recent...yah?

sorry im a bit out of sorts at this late hour. I cant even remember any of what happened rite now. Ill have to read it again, and it wasnt even that long ago when i first read it. I can even remember who it is

------------------