Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2001, 06:24 AM   #1
Sir_Tainly

Well talk about something then, so we all won't be lonely )

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 05-14-2001, 06:35 AM   #2
Sir_Tainly

Come on don't be shy

------------------

Old 05-14-2001, 06:38 AM   #3
Moiraine
Anubis

Hi Sir Tainly, Wolfie, AzureWolf, hi !

I have nothing interesting to talk about right now, really, but I AM here.

Now that I have finished BG II, I am starting again BG I (I never finished it because my old computer would always throw me out of the game, and I got fed up with it ). I am suffering big time because I have it in French, and the translations are ... terrible ...

Lemme give you an example - yesterday, there was this dream with the mage I had defeated in the Nashkel mines, and somewhen the translation said something like 'his face started tottering forward' - as in French the word 'figure' exists but means 'face' - this is utterly ridiculous. I WANT TOB IN ENGLISH !!!

------------------

The world is my oyster !
And now I have the knives to open it ...
Old 05-14-2001, 06:41 AM   #4
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Hi Sir Tainly, Wolfie, AzureWolf, hi !

I have nothing interesting to talk about right now, really, but I AM here.

Now that I have finished BG II, I am starting again BG I (I never finished it because my old computer would always throw me out of the game, and I got fed up with it ). I am suffering big time because I have it in French, and the translations are ... terrible ...

Lemme give you an example - yesterday, there was this dream with the mage I had defeated in the Nashkel mines, and somewhen the translation said something like 'his face started tottering forward' - as in French the word 'figure' exists but means 'face' - this is utterly ridiculous. I WANT TOB IN ENGLISH !!!

Hi Moiraine, I'm playing BG1 too, and I'm not far into it so shall we have a race?

In the old days, I had Populus (SP?) in French for my Amiga. It was quite funny as for ages I had no Idea what was going on, my people would tell me things, but I couldn't understand them

------------------

Old 05-14-2001, 06:43 AM   #5
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Hey Moiraine, Sir T. I havent been lurking really just had the GD widow onpen in the background like i usually do when i am online.
Btw Moiraine I have done the same thing except I started BG1 after finishing BG2 11 times Im just doing all the little side quests after the nashkel mines before going into the bandit camp.

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-14-2001, 06:45 AM   #6
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
Hey Moiraine, Sir T. I havent been lurking really just had the GD widow onpen in the background like i usually do when i am online.
Btw Moiraine I have done the same thing except I started BG1 after finishing BG2 11 times Im just doing all the little side quests after the nashkel mines before going into the bandit camp.

Morning (here it is) Azurewolf,

What time is it NZ?

------------------

Old 05-14-2001, 06:51 AM   #7
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:

Morning (here it is) Azurewolf,

What time is it NZ?

I wont bother answering that bcos I just told you on MSN
Say it looks like we are all going back to BG1 for a change

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-14-2001, 06:54 AM   #8
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
Hi Moiraine, I'm playing BG1 too, and I'm not far into it so shall we have a race?

In the old days, I had Populus (SP?) in French for my Amiga. It was quite funny as for ages I had no Idea what was going on, my people would tell me things, but I couldn't understand them

Race ? You will surely win, Sir T., I cannot play more than 1 1/2 hours a day, as I am a married woman with a kid and can't start playing before 9 PM ...

Unless I play full time during the BIIIG week-end of the Ascension (?), May 23-27th ! But you will surely have finished by then. I am halfway through the Bandits Camp - you ?

I remember the great days when my husband and me were still students and made a race to be the first to finish Ultima (4 and 5) - we played for a full week, days and night ! It was before the multi games, and it was fun !

The game was 'Populous', I didn't play it but my husband did. How did you manage to play it without understanding French ??? And how did you end up with a French version ?

You will probably find it weird, but since I have always played PnP and computer RPGs in English, now I understand better RPG terms in English than in French. And I feel that most of these terms sound silly when translated in French. I hate throwing 'projectile magiques' instead of Magic Missiles !

------------------

The world is my oyster !
And now I have the knives to open it ...

[This message has been edited by Moiraine (edited 05-14-2001).]
Old 05-14-2001, 06:57 AM   #9
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi there!

Well I don´t have that much fun too talk about either

I have been in the sun or playing NOLF all weekend so my eyes are a bit red and the coffe can´t banish the tireness I feel..

Well almost done i guess, with NOLF that is, and soon i will see if Ican start Summoner. I started out with IWD but the thing is just so (bad word fill in for yourself here) laggy and it hacks alot and all things considered, my old computer ran better.. THis is not the case where it is full 3D, and since IWD and BG games are not, I´m a bit out of playing thoose for now...

To bad, I´m not looking forward to the problems that can arise when i finally get my hands on TOB...

Well, otherwise this is a typical monday...

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 05-14-2001, 07:07 AM   #10
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Race ? You will surely win, Sir T., I cannot play more than 1 1/2 hours a day, as I am a married woman with a kid and can't start playing before 9 PM ...

Unless I play full time during the BIIIG week-end of the Ascension (?), May 23-27th ! But you will surely have finished by then. I am halfway through the Bandits Camp - you ?

I remember the great days when my husband and me were still students and made a race to be the first to finish Ultima (4 and 5) - we played for a full week, days and night ! It was before the multi games, and it was fun !

The game was 'Populous', I didn't play it but my husband did. How did you manage to play it without understanding French ??? And how did you end up with a French version ?

You will probably find it weird, but since I have always played PnP and computer RPGs in English, now I understand better RPG terms in English than in French. And I feel that most of these terms sound silly when translated in French. I hate throwing 'projectile magiques' instead of Magic Missiles !

HeHe I like competitions I can win but you've got a head start, I have just cleared the mines.

Almost worth becoming a student again

Populous was dificile but hey I'm good I got it via a friend who somehow got a French version, it was a copy so it was free, so I didn't mind

Playing an RPG in a foreign language would be an experience I guess, maybe I'll try it someday - Starwars I'll play a wookie

------------------