Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-16-2001, 03:18 PM   #11
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

firstly, women, especially elven women (for me) can have a rather strange effect on men that can cause them to change their character dramatically. also, did you ever wonder what quayle was doing before he joined your party? he might have been with the travelling circuis, helping to raise Aerie. also, i really prefer to have a romance w/ aerie when im a male character too. im usualy an elf, and i think elves are great (elven women are so frail... i like frail), and all her problems make you feel really importiant.

------------------
Proud member of the HADB. And remember, when you're thinking of giant heads, why not think of the Big Giant Head?
Old 07-16-2001, 03:26 PM   #12
FallenPaladin
Dungeon Master

So he had already met Aerie, he kept being such an a** in my party, then got back to her for one month and turned into the good and kind gnome we see in BG2. Have you played with Quayle in BG1. Whenever a character died he'd say that they deserved because they were stupid and not immense geniuses like he -though he- was. He was REALLY annoying.
Oh, well. Who cared about such details. As long as the game is good.

Hey, I just thought of another thing. When Aeries joins me, she was about lvl 8 in Mage/Cleric right? Where did she get all that experience from? I killed about a billion Hobgoblins in BG1 to get my characters that high, and she just got there in a few years in the circus?
Old 07-16-2001, 03:33 PM   #13
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Well look what happens to Imoen, you can lose her when she's something like level 8, leave her to rot for ages, pick her back up months later and Hey Presto she's level 13 or 14 odd whilst she's been in captivity gaining no XP.........

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MAGIC

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-16-2001, 05:45 PM   #14
Jeannada
Dungeon Master

*bonk* Sephiroth! ( frail women thing *gag*)

Anyway, i am not sure if i can deal with Aerie's 33 hit points. She is like, level 9 now or so, (has leveled 2 or 3 times) and only gets one HP per level. Not sure if she is to survive...
Old 07-16-2001, 09:51 PM   #15
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

As it has been pointed out here before Aerie is a very useful character because of her versatlity as a multiclassed cleric/mage, so she is really two in one: an excellent back-up cleric and mage.

As for her character, I found it always helpful to imagine her as my little sister: a true drag, but still likable and worth to be protected ...

As for romancing her: see above, anybody who romances her should be charged with statutory rape ...

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 07-17-2001, 05:07 AM   #16
Luther
Manshoon

The first time she enters into conversation with you if you tell her to basically f**k off (yet not in so many words) she won't talk to you again, therefore: no more whining! Right on!
I keep her on as a WHicked spellcaster. So long as she keeps her goddam mouth shut she can stay, (and watch me screw Jaheira, oh yeah, she likes that).
Old 07-17-2001, 06:41 AM   #17
bogong
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeannada:
*bonk* Sephiroth! ( frail women thing *gag*)

Anyway, i am not sure if i can deal with Aerie's 33 hit points. She is like, level 9 now or so, (has leveled 2 or 3 times) and only gets one HP per level. Not sure if she is to survive...
Her low hit points are a worry but there are some items you can give her to boost her hitpoints slightly .... an extra five or so make a big difference. Maybe cast Aid or HolyPower on her before a difficult battle.
Besides Minsc is there to take all the big hits anyway (I think Boo eggs him on)

Old 07-17-2001, 06:56 AM   #18
simonbarsinistar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Aerie certainly is a plus with her added magic capacity. Especially in a game overladen with magic. But since we're discussing spoiler topic, if you dump Aerie after>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Minsc takes her as his witch will you lose him also??

------------------
Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen,
for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in
beer.

- Dave Barry
Old 07-17-2001, 11:42 AM   #19
Graccus
Dungeon Master

Guys, remember that Aerie is an Elf. No statutory rape there-she's probably as old as your grandmother.

You can use the same strategy to boost Aerie's survivability that I used for Viconia's. Buy:

Sensate Amulet- +5 HP
Mauler's Arm- Set strength to 18 or Girdle of Hill Giant Strength ST:19
Plate of Balduran- -1 AC, +4 HP
Helm of Balduran +5 HP or Pale Green Ioun Stone +10% HP
Old 07-17-2001, 12:02 PM   #20
Jeannada
Dungeon Master

ROFL as old as your grandmother - that's funny! might be true but still funny!
Still she might be only 16 or so in "elf years"

anyhow , i have kicked aerie out and kept Minsc after she was his witch and yes he will stay in group.