Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2001, 12:46 AM   #1
MonksRule
Elite Waterdeep Guard

what is the best way to go to create an evil party?

korgan, edwin, and viconia are givens, but what are good choices for the main char and the other two npc's.

thanks for any input
Old 06-08-2001, 12:55 AM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Recommeded NPCs are Jan and Jaheria. As for PC, a fighter/mage will do nicely.
That way your party will have 3 tanks (Korgan, Jaheria, and PC), a thief (Jan), 3 mage spell casters (Edwin, Jan, and PC), and 2 cleric type characters (Viconia and Jaheria). Druid spells come in handy in many situations, and if the exp cap is still in place, Edwin and potentially the PC can advance to highest mage level.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 06-08-2001, 01:04 AM   #3
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

Accord's suggestions are very good.

However, if you want to roleplay a strictly evil party, you may want to start a multiplayer game and create an additional character or two since there are only 3 Evil NPC's.

The last evil party I played was:

1. Me - Human Necromancer
2. Korgan
3. Viconia
4. Edwin
5. Evil Elvin Swashbuckler that I made

Viconia can tank pretty damn well. She has high dex and magic resist, give her a strength-enhancing item like gauntlets of ogre power and she can wear any armor. Another item that is great for her is the girdle of fortitude (set con to 18).

I found I had little trouble with this group on the "Hard" difficulty setting even with the exp cap still on; although it can be hard at first. Try to keep your rep above 5 until you level up a bit, as that first encounter with Cowled Wizards and Amnish Legionares can be difficult.

------------------

"This place will be your tomb."
Old 06-08-2001, 06:40 AM   #4
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I had minsc and imoen. Those two never leave your side. At least they did'nt for me.

------------------
Why?
Old 06-08-2001, 06:44 AM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
I had minsc and imoen. Those two never leave your side. At least they did'nt for me.

I know Imoen never leaves, but Minsc (and Boo) did leave my party whenever my rep gets a bit too low. But he usually give PLENTY of warning before he leaves.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 06-08-2001, 08:46 AM   #6
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'm currently playing an evil party that I'm finding to be a lot of fun. It consists of:[list][*]Me (Berserker dualled to Thief at 9th level)(NE)[*]Korgan[*]Viconia[*]Jan[*]Edwin[*]Currently Valgyar...doing Planar Sphere...however, I want to add Haer'dalis...he's CN alignment IIRC.

I've tried to use Jaheira many times...but no matter how hard I try I cannot turn her into a tank. She *always* sucks and dies. Doesn't matter what weapons, armor, or STR-enhancing items she has. All she's good for IMHO is quests and summoning fire elementals.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 06-08-2001, 08:49 AM   #7
Link
Jack Burton

Ehmm... they CAN leave your side, if you have minsc, aerie and imoen in your party... If Imoen kills Aerie accidently, Minsc will attack her... HMM..

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 06-08-2001, 08:49 AM   #8
ShadowUK

It's nice to see another evil party player........-

------------------
Old 06-08-2001, 08:53 AM   #9
Leagle
Manshoon

I never kill Aerie "accidentaly".
Old 06-08-2001, 08:55 AM   #10
Link
Jack Burton

aerie's cute!!! except for the whining!

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......