Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-03-2001, 09:02 AM   #11
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
Your a moderator and this is the first time you have played the game? and why did you show us your computer stats now im jealous.

I believe he is a Moderator of the W & W forum . . . they haven't all played all the games . . .

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner
Old 05-03-2001, 09:11 AM   #12
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Hmmm...Okay, I'll try resetting the cache down. I'm using the "Recommended" install...should I have done a Full install? I don't know if there's a way I can get rid of the DirectX 8.0 drivers. They haven't caused a problem with any of my other games, but I've heard that they have been at the root of some of the problems with some of our Wizards and Warriors folks.

I'm running without 3D acceleration and it still crashes. No error messages, BTW, Hayashi.

Okay, I'll give your suggestions a whirl and see if I can get anything to occur. Boy, I hope so! Thanks for all of your help so far. Here's hoping!

Wizards and Warriors Veteran
Baldurs Gate 2 Newbie
Saz, I hope you get to run it - I guarantee you'll love it. Recommended install should be fine. 3D works for some people but not for many others. Try emailing the Bioware guys and asking them about the DirectX 8 thing - though I don't think that will have anything to do with it.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.

------------------
Old 05-03-2001, 09:35 AM   #13
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Saz,

I'm going to disagree with Memnoch here (I know, I know...the nerve!) and recommend that you do a full install. I had some issues with the recommended install until I did a full install. Also, since you mentioned that you have the 3D turned off, I won't mention that...but you might want to go through the configuration set-up again and make sure everything is set appropriately for your PC. If your settings are for a higher-end machine...you'll crap out.

Lastly, I'd check the web site of your video card manufacturer and see if they have an updated driver for DirectX 8.0. I'm running 8.0a and haven't had any problems, but you never know...

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-03-2001, 09:44 AM   #14
Domino
Dungeon Master

listen m8

download detonator 10.80 for your graphics card and dx8 and you should be fine.

Domino
Old 05-03-2001, 10:34 AM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Throntar:
Saz,

I'm going to disagree with Memnoch here (I know, I know...the nerve!) and recommend that you do a full install.

THE NERVE!!!

Hey, no rule that says that anyone has to agree with me, Throntar. As long as it helps Sazzy baby, I'm happy.

------------------
Old 05-03-2001, 10:36 AM   #16
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
THE NERVE!!!

Hey, no rule that says that anyone has to agree with me, Throntar. As long as it helps Sazzy baby, I'm happy.
That's good, because I tend to be a disagreeable kind of guy...

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-03-2001, 01:44 PM   #17
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Just to update:

When I tried to go back in and reconfigure last night, it kept asking me for a reinstall. Looks like the initial install corrupted. So, I'm going to do what was suggested and do a FULL install (I've got plenty of drive space, after all!) and Detonator 10.80...anyone know where one can download that?

I'm NOT going back to DirectX 8.0 though...heard too much bad on it. I was able to get rid of 8.0 through the use of a utility called DirectX Buster (check my thread in GD if interested on that). So I'm back to DirectX 7.0 and going to stay there for a while until Microsuck gets their act together (maybe by the 22nd century...)

Once again, thanks for all the help. I'm going to try that when I get home tonight. I'll see if I can find a download site for Detonator 10.80.

Thanks,

Wizards and Warriors Veteran
Baldur's Gate 2 Newbie
Old 05-03-2001, 06:35 PM   #18
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Isn't there some way to bypass the movies to with the .ini file?
I know it wouldn't be ideal, but at least you'd get the game going.
Old 05-04-2001, 12:16 AM   #19
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

You could try looking for the Detonator Drivers here.

There used to be another site called Reactor Critical but I don't know whether it's still operational.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc

[This message has been edited by Hayashi (edited 05-04-2001).]
Old 05-04-2001, 01:56 PM   #20
Domino
Dungeon Master

sazerac

go to

http://erado.totalwar.org/downloads/index.htm

and download 10.80 or even 11.01

detonator 3 is the only official one from nvidia amd it sucks.

10.80's the business trust me'and if not there easy to uninstall(but trust me mate you won't have to)

anyone with an nvidia card get it.

Domino