Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2002, 03:16 PM   #11
Jorath Calar
Harper

Bless the day my party discovered Breach... that Lich didn't know what hit him
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 03:28 PM   #12
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Bless the day my party discovered Breach... that Lich didn't know what hit him

affirmative Jorath i dont play as a mage too often ( usually theif ) but i always have a mage in the party (edwin) and i think breach is essetial at least until my mage acquires pierce magic. aND
Gottwald n offence intended but how do YOU take out lich, other superior spell casters without any remove or breach magic ??? maybe an explanation i am oblivious too but i eagerly await your reply.
Old 01-14-2002, 07:12 PM   #13
F. Gottwald
Manshoon

as i said above, i don´t have a standard way of taking out mages as such... you just have to pay attention at what exactly they cast on themselves. some usual things:

area spells - skull trap is a staple unless they have globe of invulnerability, if they do, just use higher-level area spells.
weapons with elemental damage if they rely on stoneskin
keep a few normal weapons with you in case they cast protection from magical weapons
soak up their spells until they have used up everything dangerous (usually with someone polymorphed into a mustard jelly, possibly center a death fog right on it)
most really unpleasant wizards are liches so anti-undead measures work well.
of course, anything that kills them outright (backstab, medium/high lvl offensive spells) or causes continuous damage (bleeding, poison, acid) before they get their defenses up is also helpful.
Old 01-15-2002, 07:45 AM   #14
Jorath Calar
Harper

Why not just have your mage (if you have one in you party) cast a breach or other "useless" spell and then let the rest of the party beat the crap out of them... its easy and effective...

Of course it's always fun to do it the hard. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote