Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2003, 12:20 PM   #1
ozzi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Light Bulb

I know this subject has been brought up many times, but I have checked the search-options, and there has been a while now, so....
This tread could be used to gather all informations and suggestions to a possible party for this character:

Ozzi (Elven Stalker) CG Level 8
HP: 93
Str. 18/82
Dex. 19
Con. 17
Int. 11
Wis. 12
Cha. 16

Weapon prof:
** long sword
** kantana
* short bow
***dual wielding

My man here will be used to kill enemy wizards by backstabbing, so that do I have covered. He will also function as a secondary tank.
So do you people have any suggestions to a good aligned party witch is fun to play with and pretty powerful (so that I don´t have to babysit them)?

For some reason I always bring along Jaheira and Minsc. Do you have any thoughts about that?
Old 11-14-2003, 12:57 PM   #2
Daniel_M
Elminster

Heres what I think:

Minsc - Ranger, its Minsc nuff said [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Jahiera - Fighter/Druid, can be used as a backup tank if need be, can also heal.
Aiere - Cleric/Mage, Decent C/M can be used as a healer.
Valagar - Stalker, Well you have one of those already but it wouldent hurt to have another one.
Anomen - Fighter/Cleric, Also not a bad secondary tank
Mazzy - Fighter, Decent fighter with some cool weapons and spells
Keldorn - Inquisitor, Good for sniffing out enamy mages also the only one that can wield that legendary 2-handed sword

Hmm...have I missed anyone out...I dont think I have.

Hope this helps.

[ 11-14-2003, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Daniel_M ]
Old 11-14-2003, 02:11 PM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by ozzi:
I know this subject has been brought up many times, but I have checked the search-options, and there has been a while now, so....
This tread could be used to gather all informations and suggestions to a possible party for this character:

Ozzi (Elven Stalker) CG Level 8
HP: 93
Str. 18/82
Dex. 19
Con. 17
Int. 11
Wis. 12
Cha. 16

Weapon prof:
** long sword
** kantana
* short bow
***dual wielding
I think your character is pretty good as it is. Jaheira is the probably the best Tank in the game(especially with ToB).

My choice:
PC-Stalker
Jaheira-main tank
Keldorn-backup tank
Jan Jansen

So you have a two good tanks,one backup tank or better scout and a Thief who can still be a really good Mage.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 07:08 PM   #4
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

I do not think you would need Jan really you already have a theif, so why not get Aerie. I would also say Mazzy and Keldron for fun, if thats what you want.
Old 11-14-2003, 09:02 PM   #5
Nerull
Lord Ao

Just some general thoughts/suggestions:

You'll probably want 2 tanks (sure, you can tank, but from your statements earlier you are planning to be the backstabber of the party). You'll probably also want 2 mages, and at least one cleric (or even 2 priests) and one thief (some multi or dual classing in there). Nice well-rounded party of six.

Are you trying to have an all-good group? If so, I would get Imoen as mage and thief. She can handle all of the locks and disarming, you can backstab, and really the only things you'll be missing is picking pockets (useful, but eventually you'll be set for money), setting traps (very useful, but not necessary), and detect illusion (can be handled by true sight/detect illusion). She then is solid as mage. Best suggestion is to go get her as soon as possible; if you know your way around Chapters 4 and 5, you can go right away and be able to survive with good tactics. To sub for her until you get her back, take Yoshimo. He may be neutral, but he fits plot-wise and is solid as thief.

Other members in all-good can include Aerie (backs up Imoen as mage and is solid in cleric) and Anomen (annoying personality, but good cleric and solid tank). This fills up all of your thief, mage, and cleric slots, and gives you 1 tank. My suggestions for the other 2 members would be Keldorn and either Mazzy or Minsc (if you want to go tank heavy) or remove Minsc/Mazzy for Nalia (for a mage heavy party). Keldorn is useful because he can dispel enemy protections, while not making you visible (since your stealth is nonmagical), allowing you to backstab easier. Sure, your spellcasters can do this, too, but he does it pretty much instantly and at a very high level.

If you are willing to mix alignments, then I would add Jan for your thief/mage (he's pretty much good at everything thief-wise, with his only weakness potentially is his backstabbing, which is your strength). I would still take Imoen, since it fits if you are roleplaying a good guy that you would not abandon your sister. I would still take Keldorn, for the reason listed above. If you want mage heavy in this case, take Aerie, Nalia, and Jaheira (and dump Nalia for Imoen, or not, since you have Jan as your thief). If tank strong, take Anomen, Jaheira, and Nalia (same switching between Nalia and Imoen as above).

Of course, you can take any party you want to; I'm just looking at it like "ok, if I were the one starting a stalker who would I take".

[ 11-14-2003, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: Nerull ]
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 02:22 AM   #6
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_M:
Heres what I think:

Minsc - Ranger, its Minsc nuff said [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Jahiera - Fighter/Druid, can be used as a backup tank if need be, can also heal.
Aiere - Cleric/Mage, Decent C/M can be used as a healer.
Valagar - Stalker, Well you have one of those already but it wouldent hurt to have another one.
Anomen - Fighter/Cleric, Also not a bad secondary tank
Mazzy - Fighter, Decent fighter with some cool weapons and spells
Keldorn - Inquisitor, Good for sniffing out enamy mages also the only one that can wield that legendary 2-handed sword

Hmm...have I missed anyone out...I dont think I have.

Hope this helps.
No matter how great Minsc is (with his personality), there are better fighters in the game than him. I'd use this party:

Your PC- wielding Celestial Fury
Jaheira- good fighter, good healer.
Anomen- good fighter along with Jaheira, and back up healer.
Imoen- Although she's out for a good chunk of the game (unless you immediately go rescue her with out doing side quests), she can still get farther than Aerie as a mage. She can also handle your basic thieving (and use certain items to help out; gloves of pickpocketing, ring of danger sense, mercy killer ring, potions of master thievery, potions of power, potions of perception, etc).
Keldorn: your tank. Don't use Jaheira and Anomen as tanks. They are more for protecting your party if the battle reaches your mages or something gets out of hand.
I can't think of who to put in as your last guy at the moment, sorry.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 06:40 AM   #7
Faceman
Hathor

My stalker-party was one of my favourite ones
I'd suggest
PC
Valygar - another stalker and one of the best tanks in the game
Keldorn - for his Inquisitor abilities (True Sight and Dispel Magic)
Mazzy - for her interactions with Keldorn and Valygar and because with a short bow she's the only ranged backup you need (Tugian, later on Gesen)
Jaheira - most versatile; for healing, as a backup tank and for her fire elemental summonings early in the game; also the most extensive romance
Imoen - because as a Stalker you're good and because she's THE best good-aligned mage

Before picking up Immy, you could either take Yoshimo or Jan for thieving skills. Nalia would do as well, but a lot of potions would be in order for her.
Personally I'd take Jan, because you need some arcane magic and though Nalia is a great mage her thieving skills are ridicolous.