Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2003, 09:37 AM   #1
shadowspecter
The Magister

hey! good to be a new member here people

well i just got a few questions....

1) i dunno but i think i read this somewhere but dunno if its true....can a
lvl 20 evil cleric "turn palidin".....does that goes for cleric of talos?

2) what does a greater werewolf claw hit as? (meaning is it a +3 weapon?)

3) and this is my last question....i read i FAQ that said the Daystar or thats what i think its called can kill the demi-lich kangaxx...but when i did use it, it had no affect on it, which really sucked for me...so does that mean that kangaxx is not evil?! so the only weapons that can kill kangaxx and his final form in the beginning of the game is flame tongue and the mace of disruption+1 or was it the upgraded one....is there any other weapons that can effect kangaxx?

4) wait....i guess i have one more question...the flame tongue in TotSC is a firey weapon that has flames moving when equiped....it there anyway to make the flame tongue in SoA to do the same thing?
“Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.” <br />-Mark Twain<br /><br />“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?” <br />-Scott Adams
shadowspecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 09:52 AM   #2
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

1) Yes your cleric of talos can turn Paladins IF you have TOB installed.

2) I think it's only +1 but don't quote me on that.

3)Daystar doesn't hit as a +4 weapon to anyone. It only hits +4 damage against evil creatures.

4)Not sure.

And Also WELCOME TO IW FORUMS! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2003, 10:24 AM   #3
BaRoN NiGhT

Quote:
Originally posted by Zarr:
3)Daystar doesn't hit as a +4 weapon to anyone. It only hits +4 damage against evil creatures.
Generally you can tell what "enchantment" a weapon is by looking at its bonus to damage or THAC0, but some weapons, however, have an "enchantment" far beyond their bonuses or even lower than it should be.For example : Daystar is described as : +2/+4 vs. Undead (not vs. evil), but in fact, it hits only +2.It does not depend whether the enemy/ies is/are evil.
BaRoN NiGhT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 11:39 AM   #4
Link
Jack Burton

I think that the Flame Tongue just has new animation in Throne of Bhaal; this comes with the installation of the expansion pack. My guess is that when you install Throne of Bhaal the 'fiery sword' will appear in Shadows of Amn as well [img]smile.gif[/img]
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 11:44 AM   #5
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

hello and welcome to IW [img]smile.gif[/img]

must work out wavey graphic . . .

hard questions - i'll have a first stab at 4) - i don't know how to do this but i do know that trying will be a modification / customisation job - you'll probably need an infinty engine editor or some such - i believe what you want to do is change the weapon's 'animation' - might help your searching anyway

EDIT: Or what Link said!

[ 10-01-2003, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Armen ]
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 01:23 PM   #6
Faceman
Hathor

Daystar cannot hit the Gaxx but it has a very nice ability against undead *sings "Here comes the sun" and wanders off*
Old 10-01-2003, 01:37 PM   #7
Tyrion
Quintesson

What is this about a cleric turning paladin?
never heard of it...will he lose his cleric abillities?