Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2003, 12:49 PM   #1
ozzi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Have plans on taking a Stalker through BG2. have anyone of you done that. How is it to play a stalker?
Old 07-07-2003, 01:11 PM   #2
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Stalkers have some great benefits, and yes they have been soloed,

some hints, you can only use the backstab with weapons a single class thief could use, ie long/short swords, katana's wakisashi/ninja-to/scimitar, staff, club, dagger, etc, non-class specific weapons (no staff of the magi, or crimson blade {IIRC monk wakisashi})

the bonus spells can be very useful since you partially eliminate the buffing needs of a mage at high enough levels
Old 07-07-2003, 04:02 PM   #3
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

~Snip~

DSlaytern] Family forum, people, family forum.

[ 07-12-2003, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Old 07-07-2003, 06:11 PM   #4
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
~Snip~
This goes beyond [img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img] and the language is rather inapropriate too...

[ 07-12-2003, 02:08 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Old 07-07-2003, 09:01 PM   #5
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

Zuvio, your own sig isn't too much better.

Anyway, I've had a Stalker before, and I found him to be quite a versatile character. He never got past Chapter 5, mainly because I lost interest in him. But still, you should have a lot of fun with him, especially if you take a party with you.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:10 AM   #6
Khazza Pilgrim
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Took a Ranger through BG1, imported to SOA as a Stalker all the way to TOB. Have not taken him through that part yet. Personally a Stalker has become one of my favorite characters. Backstab is not as spectacular as the thief class but very handy as well as his stealth starts out in SOA pretty high. Armor restriction can be mostly offset with magical items. But what I think is the biggest advantage is that he starts with two stars in two weapon style proficiency in addition to the weapons proficiencies you choose. So at beginning of game you can make good use of the proficiencies you choose for weapons and not use them on styles to get a better THAC0 earlier in the game. Guy won't be able to kill a dragon with a backstab but sneak him into the middle of a group of hobgoblins or other such critters and he can wipe them out before they barely have a chance to react. Thoroughly enjoyed the versatility of this kit.
Old 07-08-2003, 05:34 AM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

As soon as you get him some decent armor you should be good to go for just about anything--you can even make a passable Tank with a good Shield and the right equipment. And of course, there's always the "Stealth--Snipe--Stealth" ploy, perfect for Stalkers as well as Archers.

Stalkers are actually better Backstabbers than Thieves: Sure, their multiplier doesn't go as high, but with their Warrior THAC0, they're almost guaranteed to land the hit. And thay can have the Crom in their offhand while they're doing it. ("Here, let me tack on a hefty STR bonus to this Backstab for you!")
Old 07-08-2003, 01:47 PM   #8
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

sorry guys
should've used [img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img] and * for language
Old 07-08-2003, 01:53 PM   #9
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

hmm what do you think?
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 02:00 PM   #10
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

but just out of interest, do u know him?