Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-09-2003, 09:48 PM   #21
ocelot
Dungeon Master

Light Bulb

Alright, I might have gotten a little carried away with the 90% hype. You have to understand I live on fish- for the most parts, put those frye in there [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2003, 10:00 PM   #22
ocelot
Dungeon Master

Keeping it on thread Beaumanoir, really thow Americans have had tough time's with everyone else, most are working 9 to 5 just to make end's meet also. The amount you make seems to coincide with what you need to pay in general. Some have more then they need and others need that excess.

The deficit was just increased to a record high. Not much I can do but vote.
Old 06-09-2003, 10:34 PM   #23
Animal
Gold Dragon

Any kind of fictional work isn't going to mirror reality.

Are Americans patriotic? Yes. probably more so than many other nations.
Is that a bad thing? I don't think so. They take pride in themselves and their country. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 06-09-2003, 11:36 PM   #24
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

So, someone risks there life for saving the flag, I dont see anything at all wrong with that.

Americans generaly hold the flag in high regaruds, solider or no. I am rushed out in pouring rain to get our flag from getting too worn out several times. Something wrong with that?

Do you find the shots of Iwo Jima cheesly patriotic? Are English...Well nevermind, Z said to keep it polite.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 06-10-2003, 07:08 AM   #25
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
WOA WOA! I'm not against patriotism! LOL. I'm 100% for it. I'm proud to be english! I just wanted to know if TV over exagerattes everything...
Absolutely it does! EVERYTHING....

Do you think all life guards look like Pamela Sue Anderson on Baywatch. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2003, 07:17 AM   #26
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:

Do you find the shots of Iwo Jima cheesly patriotic? Are English...Well nevermind, Z said to keep it polite.
LOL - so let me see.. You live in a small town in Texas and are home schooled. I'm guessing that you haven't travelled much. On what are you basing your poor opinion of the English?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 06-10-2003, 07:23 AM   #27
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

It seems whenever I see American National Broadcasts from the White House they all seem to end in "God Bless America!".

This might be extremely offensive if you're American, but remember I mean no offense in it.......

But it seems that your president thinks God will support them if they decide to blow the world up with a series of Nuclear Warheads!

Then again, I'm born in England and aren't too fond of the monarchy either. They sit around on their arses all day doing nothing and earn more than most people do that work their arses off!

[ 06-10-2003, 07:30 AM: Message edited by: DJG ]
Old 06-10-2003, 07:28 AM   #28
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Faceman:
*no offense intended*
I think that the Netherlands lack political representation on the (far) right side of the political spectrum
None taken. It depends on just how extreme 'far right' is. The last real anti-immigrant party (the Central Democrats) was disbanded years ago. But besides that, we have various liberal and religious party's (Muslim and Christian) on both sides of the spectrum. In fact, the left/right relationship is something like 45/55, so we aren't as 'left' as people generally asume [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2003, 07:37 AM   #29
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
WOA WOA! I'm not against patriotism! LOL. I'm 100% for it. I'm proud to be english! I just wanted to know if TV over exagerattes everything...
Absolutely it does! EVERYTHING....

Do you think all life guards look like Pamela Sue Anderson on Baywatch. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]No, more like david Hasselhoff, that's why i hope i never need to be rescued.
Old 06-10-2003, 07:46 AM   #30
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by DJG:
It seems whenever I see American National Broadcasts from the White House they all seem to end in "God Bless America!".

This might be extremely offensive if you're American, but remember I mean no offense in it.......

But it seems that your president thinks God will support them if they decide to blow the world up with a series of Nuclear Warheads!
hmmm... I must not see the same "National Broadcast from the White House", because I've yet to see where Dubya is thinking about blowing up the world with nuclear warheads. Sound like you got a "slightly slanted" national broadcast there. And we say God Bless American at many occasions. Besides, I kinda of like seeing a little religion in the White house. At least it shows there is some sort of morality there now!