Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-20-2002, 07:34 AM   #11
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
i had one, but i traded it for a case of beer.
Old 05-20-2002, 07:36 AM   #12
Vampire

There are 2 parts of me and they do not have to be in conflict. One part say yes, and the other scientific part explains why:

Our soul is what we are biologically. Experience, chemistry, thoughts, impulses in our head is our soul. Call it what you want, it is us. Unique, special and fantastic. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-20-2002, 07:52 AM   #13
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Tsk tsk - now you're speaking my language [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2002, 07:57 AM   #14
Lord Shield

I do believe in the spirit, yes. I'd be crappy shamanic otherwise. I don't necessarily believe in teh heaven/hell concept per se. Reincarnation yes. Astral/Etheric/Ethereal, yes.

I cannot prove anythign I believe (most people can't) as it stems from personal experiences and suchlike

Old 05-20-2002, 08:14 AM   #15
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

too many people have had waaay too many out-of-body experiences to prove simply that the mind exists without the brain in a form which can be called a soul. It can be called many things truthfully, where it goes after the body dies can only be known by someone who actually dies... though some near-death experiences show that we either go to a horribly awful place or we get to chill out in a tulip feild with everyone we've ever known where there is no sunset and no dawning I'd prefer the later, which wouldn't really be the later now would it?
Old 05-20-2002, 08:22 AM   #16
uss
20th Level Warrior

a soul? ok, here`s what you do: pick up a sharp knife or a scalpel. choose a voluenteer(your family member or somebody who you hate will do). thrust the knife through his chest till it gets through the bones. ighore the blood, guts and whatever you may find inside the voluenteer. then knock on his stomach and ask: "helloo! anybody there?". if the rude soul does not answer, put your head inside his stomach and look out for the soul(it is possible that he may be a really nasty bitch). if you see the soul, try to get along with him(buy him a lunch or something) and make sure he makes a great bud!
and remember: DONT ASK IF SOULS EXIST! if you ask that, he will think he`s insulted because you doubt if he exists. it happened to me once.. oh, ralph! *sob* why did you have to go away!?

and that concludes my story. spirits are pretty good at rapping .
ok, if you really think souls exist.. im not gonna say that youre wrong exactly but remember that youre very, very, very, very wrong [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2002, 08:37 AM   #17
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Wow uss if only all of ironworks could be as open minded as you [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2002, 08:40 AM   #18
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
Wow uss if only all of ironworks could be as open minded as you [img]tongue.gif[/img]
hmm, then IW would be doomed
Old 05-20-2002, 08:42 AM   #19
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
Your assuming I was talking about reincarnation I believe I will be haunting the girls locker room [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I can just see the tabloid headlines now...
Old 05-20-2002, 08:46 AM   #20
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Tsk tsk - now you're speaking my language [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]i knew that, cheers epona !