Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2003, 03:51 PM   #1
Kiyatha
Dungeon Master

Being a newbie at Morrowind, I have a (amongst others) question, that I hope someone in here knows the answer to.

If I have a cuirass at armory level 17, is that better or less good than an armor at the level of 5? Normally I would believe that the lower level would be better, as it is in BG... but with Morrowind, I'm not too sure.

Also, which armor is the best: heavy, medium och light? Which one is good for what?

I'm an archer (as well as a thief) by the way, so which armor would be suited for me? Up til this point I've been wearing the light armor.

Also, I'm a bit confused about pickpocketing. I tried to stand behind a person and press the space bar, but then I just started talking to him. How do I do?

Thankful for any respond!

/Kiyatha D'Annor

[ 01-07-2003, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Kiyatha ]
<br />Never Fear - Never Fall!<br /><br />\"Never let hate nor anger guide your way - it will only cloud your path.\" - Anonomous<br /><br />\"This world is too dangerous to live in. Not because of the people that does the bad things, but because of those that let them.\" - Albert Einsten
Kiyatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 04:20 PM   #2
Aragorn The Wise
Manshoon

A armor rating of say 17 is far better of a armor rating of 5 most of the time.

How it works is that you have major and minor skills. Those skills can inculde light armor, medium armor, and heavy armor. Being a archer/thief I would suggest using mostly light armor and such. Make sure your light armor skill is being leveled up as well.

Also using heavy armor with a armor rating of say 11 but your heavy armor skill is only 10 would suck compared to a light armor with a rating level of 7 and a light armor skill of 21. It also weighs you down and when you walk you make a lot of noise.

About pickpocketing make sure your sneak skill is high enough to where you won't get caught. You must also enter into sneak mode. I don't know the keystroke for the PC version so you make have to look that up. Also make sure that the person can't see you (a little icon of a hand going into a bag appears when no one can see you) when you go to pickpocket them.

I wish you goodluck with your archer/thief. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2003, 05:25 PM   #3
Kiyatha
Dungeon Master

Thanks, you've been a great help! Now, I shall pickpocket like never before!!!
<br />Never Fear - Never Fall!<br /><br />\"Never let hate nor anger guide your way - it will only cloud your path.\" - Anonomous<br /><br />\"This world is too dangerous to live in. Not because of the people that does the bad things, but because of those that let them.\" - Albert Einsten
Kiyatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 05:34 PM   #4
Aragorn The Wise
Manshoon

No problem. Have fun pickpocketing all of Vvardenfell. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2003, 05:42 PM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Your char is a thief, so light armour (glass) would be best. I myself prefer heavy (Daedric), but my char is a fighter, so i need it more than you.
Old 01-08-2003, 07:33 AM   #6
Grungi
Banned User

hmmm my method of pickpocketing is slightly different, i walk up behind my target, pull out my large hammer and smack em one, then take all their belongings, i thought that was what pickpocketing was all about? *inno*

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

come here johnny theres shiny things in your pockets,....
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 07:37 AM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
No, that the British way of pickpocketing, it's created by an ancient East London family, named Oolahan. Ring any bells ?
Old 01-08-2003, 08:01 AM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

it doesn't matter, if your stealth skill is 100, you can pickpocket even if you wear the heaviest armor in the game.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 09:54 AM   #9
canadianvixen
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
No, that the British way of pickpocketing, it's created by an ancient East London family, named Oolahan. Ring any bells ?
Hey, wait a minute ...my familiy is from east london! Besides isn't Oolahan Dutch? lol
Old 01-08-2003, 09:59 AM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by canadianvixen:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Hey, wait a minute ...my familiy is from east london! Besides isn't Oolahan Dutch? lol [/QUOTE]It's Irish, i read it in a book somewhere, the word "hooligan" comes from it. Must have been quite a family.