Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-04-2001, 02:53 PM   #1
Starkiller
The Magister

Well, I was reffered to you for help with a bug of some sort, so here goes. And thanks a lot in advance for any help you can give. I just got the quest to return to my stronghold (the planar sphere) from a messenger. When I get there Teos says he did not summon me and says he got the same message. Then a bunch of vine doorway dimension door things appear, but, here is the problem: noone appears. the door spell effects finish and go away and nothing happens, and I cannot talk to taos. Any idea what I can do to correct this problem? It is really hampering play.

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"
Old 07-04-2001, 08:56 PM   #2
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Starkiller
Welcome to the board!

Hmm, sounds like your problem is a well-known bug. Look up Baldurdash iirc there's a fix for this bug.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 07-04-2001, 10:53 PM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Just a word of warning with third party patches like the Baldurdash patch: I'm not sure if Kevin Dorner has updated his bugfixes so that they are compatible with ToB. This could impact your ToB installation (assuming you are going to install ToB). Is your game been patched with Bioware's official patch? Do that first and see how you go.

Also, another comment; I'm always happy to help people in need but I'm not the only person with knowledge on this board. There are a lot of other people here who know more than I do, and so there's really no need to address the posts to me directly. I do check most posts, so share your problem with all of us, and someone will definitely help you!

------------------
Old 07-05-2001, 02:36 AM   #4
Starkiller
The Magister

Thanks a lot for the info. I do plan on installing ToB in the future, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it so to speak. This is a follow up to my first post, and so I really appreciate all the cheerful and speedy assistance. Also, I was referred to you directly Memnoch, but in the future I will just ask generally, thanks for the tip.

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"