Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 01-17-2006, 07:54 AM   #1
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

Spoilers ahead.
I'm stuck trying to complete the zoo quest.
.I have freed all animals and sent them through the portal.
I have killed the hunter and all his minions.
I have killed the animal trainer.
the portal has dissapeared.
I go back to the druid and he acts like I havn't done anything. Am I missing a piece of the puzzle here?
Old 01-17-2006, 11:36 AM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Well, there's no need to kill the hunter. All that's required of you is to free the animals and report back to the druid. Since the portal is gone, that means the animals went through, and so you should receive credit for the quest. Something obviously didn't trigger properly here.

If you have an earlier save, I suggest going back to it and trying again. The quickest way to get it done is:

1. Head right to the back door and open the portal.

2. Free the animals and send them to the tree.

3. Go to the tree and send them through.

4. Return to the Druid.

I personally prefer to kill as few as possible on this quest, and usually do it while invisible. Once in awhile, there is a problem in the room with many guards where the door becomes blocked, but usually the animals make it through (and no, for some reason, the guards never notice the animals running by).

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 05:21 AM   #3
banzai
Manshoon

Sounds like a bug - I´ve done that quest more than once in the same way you did and never had any problem. I killed *everybody* first, then opened the portal, freed the animals and let them through the portal. Afterwards the druid always gave me my rewards.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:54 PM   #4
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I had some trouble there too. You have to open the portal in the tree, then go in and talk to the animals and tell them to flee (or whatever) once you have all 4 of them free go to the tree and talk to each one again. Tell them 1 at a time to go through. Then go back to the druid. I had to reload and do it again to get it right. I basically did it right, but the game has a lot of stupid in it so you gotta be exact.. very 80's I 'm afraid.