Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 01-06-2006, 08:59 PM   #11
Nightowl2
Galvatron

One level of Bard is all you need to qualify for AA. The ability to cast arcane spells isn't quite the same thing as actually being able to cast them.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:46 AM   #12
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

I thought the manual said being able to cast 1st level Arcane spells qualifies. The Bard has to be 2nd level before he can do this. I'm currently Ranger 3, Thief 2, Sorc. 2. I thought I could switch by now but not yet. One of the requirements is base attack +6 or higher. I thought this ment my bonus to hit but in looking at the charactor sheet closer there is a base attack and mine is 5. How do I raise that the quickest? Whould doing 5 levels of Ranger and 2 sorc. Raise it faster or what? In old D&D your THACO lowered with level, is this the same concept?
Old 01-09-2006, 10:03 AM   #13
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Nope. I just checked, and it says: "Ability to cast arcane spells". Thus one level of bard is enough, even if you can't cast any.

Also, your current character can never be an Arcane Archer, because you are limited to a maximum of three classes in the game. Since you already have 3, that's it. If you want one, you'll have to start over with another character.

The fastest way to meet AB +6 is to take six levels of a fighter class (fighter, paladin, ranger, etc.), then one level of bard, sorc, or wiz, and then at level 8 switch to AA, provided you meet the other requirements.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:46 PM   #14
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

Thanks for the direction Nightowl, I think I will start over. I found trying to build to one of the prestige classes was kind of fun because it gave me more focus.