Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2000, 09:11 PM   #1
Pippin
Dungeon Master

I'm new to the forum, so hi all. My question is this: has anybody ever found Durdel Anatha? That's the fallen Paladin who, according to legend, prowls Dorn's Deep looking for the jerk who started the elven-dwarf-orc war (and we all know who that is, and I for one have been dying to do something useful with that info since, for some reason, you can't tell Larrel). Anatha definately exists (there's a ton of code referring to him in the program, including items, dialoge, abilites, journal entries, and a whole additional area he guards named after him) but I don't have any idea if he was a discarded idea that they left in the files or what, 'cause I've scoured the game three times and never found him.

In fact, in the code it says that Anatha's keeper is Brother Harken, one of the priests in the Idol temple, and if you pay attention during the Idol battle you'll see Harken reciting something over in the right-hand corner... well, according to the code, he's speaking the same words as the incantation he uses to control Anatha, something Harken calls the "ritual of obediance" in his programmed dialoge.

Also: does anybody know anything about a subquest involving the High Baptist from Dragon's Eye level 5? Same as above, it's in the code (something about saving possesed villagers who now worship Sseth; maybe you can save the Eldathyn somehow?) but I couldn't find it in the game.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
Pippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2000, 11:17 PM   #2
Wrath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Some of these could well be in the expansion, and others are gone for good.

-Wrath
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote