Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2001, 10:17 PM   #1
Sherpa Doug
Dungeon Master

I have slain the Shadow lord and his shadow dragon. I got no experience points for the dragon There is a statue of a woman near the alphabet puzzle who still seems to be expecting me to give her something. The bust of Amaunator has a red eye like it is trapped, but my thief can't apply trap skills to it. There is also one last living shadow door I can't open, though I can walk up to it from either side. What am I missing?

Sherpa Doug
Old 03-11-2001, 10:39 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
Are you sure you did not receive any exp when killed the shadow dragon (total 45,000) and shade lord (each character gets 44,250)? Is your game "patched"? (although I have not heard of the no exp problem, but how did you kill the dragon and shade lord?) The statue that "expecting me to give her something" relates to the romance of your character and you won't have to worry about anything until chapter 6.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-12-2001, 02:05 AM   #3
PSI_NoVa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hey the same thing happen to me, though not the experience point thing, my guess is that u missed it totally, but 1 thing i don't understand is that there is still the one last living shadow door I can't open , this force my party to cross the lava pool in order to go over.what in the world have i missed i go over the whold map looking for the opening cube, wat more there is a half diary that i found ( oh...forgot wat its name) that talk about something this guy hid in the column that say if anything happen to him, his family should be able to get his diary to savage watever is in the column.
Old 03-12-2001, 03:04 AM   #4
Nostron
Manshoon

iam going to have to comply with u guys. i also have one shadow door open and i've search everywhere. can someone be so kind and us; tell us the location of the 3rd sun gem that'll open the 2nd shadow door. thanx
Old 03-12-2001, 05:55 AM   #5
dafan

the second cant be opened you walk through a lavaroom instead and ends up behind the door

------------------
My strength and honor
for king and country
Old 03-12-2001, 06:01 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Nostron:
iam going to have to comply with u guys. i also have one shadow door open and i've search everywhere. can someone be so kind and us; tell us the location of the 3rd sun gem that'll open the 2nd shadow door. thanx
You don't need to open that middle door. There's an alternate way through as someone just pointed out.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-12-2001, 06:12 AM   #7
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

I found the same problem with the shodow door but i just figured the creater forgot a sun gem or was too lazy.
Old 03-12-2001, 08:49 AM   #8
Sherpa Doug
Dungeon Master

I have not loaded any patches. I killed the shadow dragon by having Yoshi lay a dozen or so traps around it. He made a most satisfying thump as his corpse hit the ground I didn't get any points for killing Firkraag (the red dragon) either. The Shadow Lord was easy for 12th level characters.
Does anyone have an explaination for the red eye in the bust of Amaunator?

Sherpa Doug
Old 03-12-2001, 08:54 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sherpa Doug:
I have not loaded any patches. I killed the shadow dragon by having Yoshi lay a dozen or so traps around it. He made a most satisfying thump as his corpse hit the ground I didn't get any points for killing Firkraag (the red dragon) either. The Shadow Lord was easy for 12th level characters.
Does anyone have an explaination for the red eye in the bust of Amaunator?

Sherpa Doug
I'm not sure if you get XP for killing things with traps, a thief player may want to confirm that.

The red eye means that the statue is trapped, and you know that - it flamestrikes you when you get an answer wrong. When you get it right, you are rewarded with a piece of the holy symbol. That's it. You can't disarm that trap, but you don't need to once you get the piece of the holy symbol.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-12-2001, 10:01 AM   #10
Raistlin
Manshoon

Stay to the sides and the lava won't hurt you. Killing a dragon entirely with traps will not give experience points. What i did was lay traps one at a time until I found out how many would kill him then i backed off one trap. This brings the dragon to something like nearly dead. If you then use your party to inflict the rest of the damage you get the exp points. It seemed to me anytime a monsters death blow was delivered by something other than a character, you got no points. I noticed this in that temple when the various monsters were killed by the gems on the pedestals.

------------------

Balance