Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 06-21-2001, 06:38 PM   #1
Arquetal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Has anyone played IWD withouh using the spacebar pause button? I intend to do so in the upcoming weeks with a few of my friends. Four pc's in one room, a multiplayer game, actually be able to decently roleplay the character, mmm, i'm very much looking forward to this summer. Which reminds me, when WILL TotL be available? But I guess we're all in the dark on that.
Well, I would want to know someone's experience on NOT using the pause button in IWD/HoW. Does it trouble the combat so much as to consider giving all players the option to pause, or will the moving targets eventually find themselves the victim of my skillfully point & clicked arrows?

------------------
There's always a bigger fish...
Arquetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 06:47 PM   #2
DawnChaser
Zhentarim Guard

Welcome to the Ironworks, Arquetal!

You are contemplating an ambitious undertaking!!! I haven't yet tried playing with 5 other people in multiplayer, and can only say that it is impossible to manage 3 characters (my standard group) without resorting to the spacebar.

I am very interested in how your endeavor unfolds, and would ask that you keep us informed about your experiences, both good and bad, as you progress thru the game. Take a lot of tissues, as I expect much lamenting on this journey

"Call me if you need help!"

------------------
DawnChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 10:33 AM   #3
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

For a multiplayer game with no pause, i'd recommend a fighter thief for the party. This is someone who can scout out ahead and locate monsters and have them target him while he runs away or in circles ('round-n-'round the schrimshander's table.. nice wolfy). a fighter thief because he can wear a helmet and a large shield (bonus ac vs. missles)and he gets some hitpoints to spare and can throw on heavy armor when it gets nasty. Of course, you'd need a tank of some sort (i like fighter/clerics or a ranger or paladin best)to rush up an bail the poor fighter tief out, but that's part of the strategy. Meanwhile thge mage and missle support can pick off monsters fussing with the theif and the tank.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote