Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2001, 03:12 PM   #1
huskie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am so frustrated, I am ready to quit. I simply cannot get past the level with Geelo and Albion- I have actually managedto kill both of those guys, but the summoners keep bringing new monsters at me, and I use up all my spells and points getting at them. Even barricading myself in a room and summoning my own monsters does not help. Could somebody PLEASE tell me how to get past this level. Please do not be afraid to go into detail on this. I REALLY want out of this level. Many, many thanks to anybody who can help.
huskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 04:39 PM   #2
DawnChaser
Zhentarim Guard

First of all, let me welcome you to the Ironworks. ■&nbspFor many of us, this is a second home. ■&nbspMay you feel welcomed and wanted here. ■&nbspIf you get a chance, come check us out in the General Discussions forum, as well!

as for a strategy for the situation you find yourself in, after doing away with Geelo and Albion (the faster you do this, the less monsters you will have to fight):

1. Cast any defensive spells you have, to lessen your vulnerability.

2. Target the summoners. You should by now know where the summoners are located. Ignore the summoned monsters (this is the reason for the defensive spells) and concentrate on taking the summoners out. This way, there will be no new summonings. Don't make the mistake of fighting your way to them, run past the monsters that are protecting them, so that the summoners are the ones you are attacking. They cannot stand up long to a direct attack (much like your mages)

3. Clean up the summoned monsters. If there are way too many, run back upstairs and rest, then continue clearing the level.

Come back and let us know how it goes, and Good Luck!

"Use the FORCE, Luke!!!"

------------------

[This message has been edited by DawnChaser (edited 06-19-2001).]
DawnChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 02:46 AM   #3
huskie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

First off, thank you for the kind words of welcome. They are much appreciated. Second, thanks also for the advice. I was indeed trying to fight my way through, and it simply wasn't working- I would lose too many points and spells, and would invariably have to go back and rest. I still have not succeeded at this level, but at least I'm getting into the room of the summoners before getting wiped out. I only have one defensive spell, by the way forthe cleric, at fourth level- defensive harmony, I believe- are there others?
Old 06-20-2001, 06:45 AM   #4
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Protection from evil, chant, recitation, aid. All cleric spells.
Wall of moonlight (3rd or 4th level druid spell but only in HOW), entangle.
For mages : web, stinking cluoud.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves
JR Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 12:21 PM   #5
huskie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Again- thank you very much. I am still struggling terribly here- the one defensive spell that I thought that I had (I have most of the other ones you mentioned, but didn't really know what they were) would either expire before I got to the summoners, or my party would be half- dead by the time I got to the summoners and would try to use the spell then. Also, half my party gets lost on my sprint to the summoners. I will try your suggestions.
Old 06-21-2001, 12:10 AM   #6
Lifetime
Red Dragon

If you need to rest, I believe that the party from Waterdeep will protect you while you rest, saving you a long trip out of the area. That way you can refresh yourself for a big push against the Summoners. It shouldn't be too hard; they only send a few Lizardmen/Trolls at a time.

------------------
Why?
Lifetime is offline   Reply With Quote