Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2001, 07:28 PM   #1
noj
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, my party is chilling in the room before Yxunomei. I've worked it so that I can lure her out by herself. But the problem is I can't figure out how to kill her. The only spellcaster I have is a druid with loads of healing memorized. I also have a Paladin, a Ranger, a Thief, and 2 fighters. Am I just screwed? The most I can do to her is get her down to Hurt, and that is with my Druid as a polar bear... She just smacks my guys around like they're toothpicks...

Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance...

noj
noj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 07:38 PM   #2
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

I would say use some distance weapons. The theif could be nailin her with bow or crossbow. Then cycle your characters through, have the fighters and Paladin attack and then as one is hurt have them come out and heal them, then send them back. Perhaps you could use your Ranger as the archer? I usually have at least one Archer(thief) and one mage, a cleric and the rest fighter types. That usually works for me.

Welcome to the Board !!

------------------

The line between good and evil is a razor sharp thing. Be careful of misteps,
as you may find yourself spitted upon your own blade.

[This message has been edited by Wulfere (edited 06-25-2001).]
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 08:07 PM   #3
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

I agree. Use ranged weapons. Their is a bow in that dungeon which is very usefull. Also you can find,if i am not mistaken, a returning throwing axe on that level. Also summon skellies (animate dead) to serve as a buffer between you and Yxonumei.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves
JR Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 11:04 PM   #4
tequila
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just beat her with just a ranger and a fighter/thief. You should find some +2 arrows. I unloaded on her with those while I took the hits from her archers. She fell pretty quickly, before she could even come down from her dias. after that, it was easy. dont worry about the skeletons and zombies that she summons, concetrate on her first, the the archers.
tequila is offline   Reply With Quote