Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-26-2001, 02:24 PM   #1
Vanyel
Dungeon Master

I am starting a new game, one that I will import to ToB. I want to know what the "experts" think and can offer to my party. I am this:

Zak: Swashbuckler
Minsc
Jerhia
Yoshimo(gonna drop him)/ Imoen
Amoen
??????

I want to take another mage. Edwin would be good, but I need someone till then. Plus I want Keldorn so that he can use the "Holy Avenger", I don't need a thief, cuz I am one. I need more mages, cuz of the "new" spells in ToB.

Another note: Aside from Serivok, who else can you get in the new game?

------------------
Hey Big Bird!!
It's time for the counter game!!

Count The Shells,
Suck-A-Duck!

~General of the Dark Overlord's Army of Darkness~
Old 08-26-2001, 03:47 PM   #2
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Vanyel:
I am starting a new game, one that I will import to ToB. I want to know what the "experts" think and can offer to my party. I am this:

Zak: Swashbuckler
Minsc
Jerhia
Yoshimo(gonna drop him)/ Imoen
Amoen
??????

I want to take another mage. Edwin would be good, but I need someone till then. Plus I want Keldorn so that he can use the "Holy Avenger", I don't need a thief, cuz I am one. I need more mages, cuz of the "new" spells in ToB.

Another note: Aside from Serivok, who else can you get in the new game?

Add Nalia until you get Imoen, then replace Yoshimo with Keldorn. Alternately, you might want to add Aerie (backs up both mage and cleric), replace either Jaheira or Anomen with Nalia (until you get Imoen), then add Keldorn. The second alternative actually rounds out your party better (2 mages, 2 clerics, 2 warriors, 1 thief).

Sarevok is the only new NPC in ToB.

------------------

Death is only the beginning...
Old 08-27-2001, 12:39 AM   #3
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Eek! don't replace Anomen with nalia! Anomen rocks! and he is nutty when he gets to high level (as in ToB which you already said you will play). 2 mages is plenty for ToB so if you go with imoen and Edwin you will be fine (its crazy the amount of spells edwin gets too so no worries about not getting enough of the nice new spells in ToB
and if youwant keldorn I would suggest removing Jaheira over anomen. even though druids have some nice stuff in ToB Anomen is the better choice I think because his melee is better and he levels much much faster.
Old 08-27-2001, 01:32 AM   #4
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Minsc or Keldorn? Which is much better in your opinion? And anybody who remembers Keldorn's starting xp and level? and proficiencies?
Old 08-27-2001, 11:29 AM   #5
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Keldorn starts off at level 9 with ++ in crossbow, ++ in two handed sword, + in bastard sword. I am more of a minsc fan so that is who I would take. Makes the game a little more intresting. I had Keldorn until TOB and then dropped him for Guess who.
Old 08-27-2001, 01:28 PM   #6
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

My party is me (Fighter Aerie (Romance) ANomen (Cleric) Nalia (mage) Jan (Thief) and Minsc. So If I want to take Keldorn I have to kick Minsc.

I agree you're right. I wont take Keldorn with me I'Ll carry on with Minsc.

Because I'm already GM in two-handed. Minsc will go on on dual-wielding longswords flails

If I restarted game cavalier sounds good or undead hunter (because holy avenger! but fighter stronghold is most exciting one.

What bout paladinds are they having the fighter stronghold or something different what about their quest thankss
Old 08-27-2001, 07:04 PM   #7
oldbittercraig
Elminster

IMHO, Minsc is the better fighter of the two, given his dual weapon capacity, but I would stick with Keldorn... his innate "True Seeing" ability has gotten me out of a couple jams and let's my spellcasters use other high level spells.

A trip to ghoultown addresses his most glaring weakness, and if you're not running a paladin yourself I think Carsomyr clinches it.
Old 08-27-2001, 11:55 PM   #8
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoltan:
What bout paladinds are they having the fighter stronghold or something different what about their quest thankss
SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Paladins have their own stronghold. To start the quest, you need to do the Windspear Hills quest (rescue the girl) WITHOUT KILLING FIRKRAGG. This gets you into the Order of the Radiant Heart (don't worry, you'll have a chance to do in Firkragg later ).

------------------

Death is only the beginning...