Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2001, 06:06 PM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

what STATISTICS should I give this item?
I have part of the stats, but i dont know what else should i give, any suggestions?

O'Keuzis: the Shadow

Description:

This rod, well, not exactly *a rod*, forged from demiplane of Shadow. It has a link between prime plane and some creature in the formless demiplane. The link, somehow works similar as undead to negative plane energy. It draws power from Shadow plane, and more importantly, the *weapon* itself is an intelligent being. Because of such property, the weapon is generally the most valuable ally any fighter could obtain, or the worst nightmare.

When arcanist Shadow first discovered that demiplanes existed everywhere within mutiverse in the year of -648DR. He named one of the discovered demiplanes after his own name, and he did a great deal of reseach. With help from his friend Karsus, he published his book: "Shadows: Palpable Cohesion of Formless Corporeality." Due to the fame of Karsus and to credit of Shadow, it instantly became known and well-spreaded. Even the elven high mages from Cormanyr took great interest in it.

However, with fame, came jealousy. Shadow's rival Grenway, another arcanist with a different view of mutiverse, hated the success of Shadow. He then spent a great deal of effort to seek a capable assasin to eliminate his enemy. A female bard Alasar Crywinds was the chosen, and she went on her mission.

Ironically, Alasar Crywinds fell in love with the handsome and intelligent arcanist Shadow, and she confessed herself to Shadow. Shadow was in love with Alasar too, so the two came up with an alternative plan. Shadow casted a spell to bring both of them into demiplane of Shadow.

Later, when a simulacrum of Alasar reported to Grenway Shadow's death. Grenway, not wanting anyone to know the secret, killed the simulacrum, which Grenway mistaken as Alasar. Only Karsus, Shadow and Alasar knew what truely happened.

Though no one, but probally Karsus, Shadow and Alasar knew what Shadow did when he was in demiplane of Shadow, he didn't waste his time. He had gone through some facsinating adventures in the demiplane, and even brought back with him a strange matter he managed to capture when he was there.

According to Shadow, the matter belonged to an intelligent entity named O'Keuzis. When he first bumped into O'Keuzis, they had a battle of will. O'Keuzis proclaimed himself to be the perfect being of non-existence, and he fought Shadow at his every move, exploiting the mortal's every weakness. However, kill is not in the interest of O'Keuzis, he wanted the submit of will and enslave of knowledge. So Shadow struck a deal with O'Keuzis, with the help from Shadow's unique magic, he would bring a portion of O'Keuzis to prime plane, where O'Keuzis could fully learn the vast amout of knowledge.

Considering this great opportunity, O'Keuzis agreed to let Shadow leave freely, in return, bring a portion of himself with Shadow. When shadow and Alasar returned to prime plane, the first thing they did was to find their friend Karsus and explained to him what had happened. Quickly, Karsus used his great power, which was unchallenged within his enclave, subdued O'Keuzis, and imprisoned within a rod. They thought they had successfuly controled O'Keuzis then.

Being a great intelligent being, O'Keuzis had long before prepared even welcomed for such move. It was only benefitial for him, even though his power was somehow reduced in prime plane, his portion was well-protected from the unknown harm. So for centuries to come, O'Keuzis stayed comfortably in the rod, watching, learning and sometimes manipulating the prime beings around him.

The rod had been lost after the fall of Netheril. Only very few knew about the existence of such rod, fewer still knew where it went. From later tales, a man named Seoh l'Greenarcher retrived it in one of raids against underdark city during the Shadows War. Seoh recalled when a dark elf came upon him, he was caught by surprise. He would have died by that single strike from the drow, however, the sword came through him harmlessly, and he was surprised. More so, the drow seemed to be equally surprised. Seoh didn't wait another chance, he struk down the drow. Then when he searched the sword, he couldn't find any, but a rod lay beside the drow's dead body...

A possible explaination is: O'Keuzis had learnt enough of underdark, and he was bored of it. The he wanted a change, and he wanted to come back to surface world and learn more about it. So the unfortunate drow became the victim of O'Keuzis' obsession over knowledge.

STATISTICS:
Type: Rod (and more)
Dmg: 1d6 +3
Thac0: +3
Special:
This rod, when wield, will have a battle of will with its wielder. If the wielder wins out, the rod will serve the wielder as long as the wielder's action doesn't cross the rod's interest.

A save vs spell at -4 must be made. If the wielder fails the save, O'Keuzis will forever reject the wielder.

The rod is aligment of neutral of anything (evil, good, true), and it has intelligent of 20. The rod can cast spells, and some of those are harmful to the wielder. The consequnces are determined by rod's will along.

Known spells are:
O'Keuzis' Shadow Diminishing:
O'Keuzis knows most about creatures of demiplane of Shadow. Any shadowy creatures cannot stand the power of O'Keuzis. Shadows with less than 5 hit dice instantly dminished when hit by the weapon. Wielder gains bonus against Shadows with 5 hit dice or more: +3 dmg, and +3 thac0. (Also includ Shad Lichs, and Shad Dragons)

O'Keuzis' banishing:
Once this spell is cast, the wielder is restricted within where he is. 10 ft around are the banishing areas of O'Keuzis. Within the area, O'Keuzis has absolute rule, no creature short of avatars of gods can enter for the next 4 rounds. The wielder can do anything in it, but not move around, and he cannot attack or cast damaging spells. Creatures enter the area will be mazed instantly until the Banishing spell dispels. (This spell is sometimes casted when the wielder is close to death.)

O'Keuzis' Suffering:
the target lose 10% HP permenantly. (this spell sometimes is used to punish wielder's actions)

Self Ejecting:
this spell will only be casted if the wielder's actions crossed the interest of the rod twice, or, the rod no longer need the wielder. When it is the case, the rod no longer functions in wielder's hand. It becomes a black transparent sword when strike. The sword doesn't harm anyone. The wielder can never be accepted by rod again, and O'JKeuzis will activately seek capable wielders

usable by:
neutral aligment of any
any class, any race with minimum inteleigent of 17
Old 04-09-2001, 06:09 PM   #2
Rikard

Hm i would like to read it
But i feel like saying
Bugger off
Can I?
(BTW bugger off is a civilized way of saying ■■■■ off but it actually meant worst )

No seriously
I can't help you

------------------

Old 04-09-2001, 06:11 PM   #3
Sorcerer Dave
Drow Warrior

250 I see from other post U like making items and giving them a history. However you make them WAY, WAY, WAY to long.

------------------
A Council Member of the Wizards of the Light
Old 04-09-2001, 06:21 PM   #4
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I got your back 250. I think it is a cool story, but I don't know about the part where the user can cross the rods interests. That could be very complicated, and if you are serious about making stats, that would be hard to apply. Very interesting though.

------------------
Tremble and despair, for I am power! All here are now judged, and are found wanting.
Old 04-09-2001, 06:25 PM   #5
Sorcerer Dave
Drow Warrior

Ow YOUR SIG IS BIG. It looks like you made it for here. If you did you goofed up the background.

------------------
A Council Member of the Wizards of the Light
Old 04-09-2001, 06:25 PM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
Hm i would like to read it
But i feel like saying
Bugger off
Can I?
(BTW bugger off is a civilized way of saying ■■■■ off but it actually meant worst )

No seriously
I can't help you

you will pay for your stupidty!!! i will cut your tongue/tongues
Old 04-09-2001, 06:30 PM   #7
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

BTW, one of my AD&D principle is NOT making item that does massive feats, (such as the one above)

I really dont like it
Old 04-09-2001, 06:32 PM   #8
Rikard

Tongues?????????

------------------

Old 04-09-2001, 06:34 PM   #9
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
I got your back 250. I think it is a cool story, but I don't know about the part where the user can cross the rods interests. That could be very complicated, and if you are serious about making stats, that would be hard to apply. Very interesting though.

thx

about not crossing the rod, it is simple:
say, when you encounter someone who needs your help, for example, a request to retrive an ancient book. you MUST accept, or you piss the rod off. anything involves things such as: lost spells, ancient tome, a knowledgable person, a rare being... you cannot decline any of those (except certain exceptions, it is hard to make, i hate to say it)

in fact, this item is not easy to make at all, i began to hate myself... ARRRAAGGHHH!!!

Old 04-09-2001, 06:35 PM   #10
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
Tongues?????????

you seem to have more than one tongue, cause you talk so much!!! now die!