Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-19-2003, 01:30 AM   #1
Chamberlain
Dungeon Master

I know this is tough for most of you but I have a question. Please attempt to answer it. I've never played the game past the underdark as most of you know. This is my second time through(in a way) since last time I only played up until the underdark. This time through I have reached the drow city(Ust Natha?) and I've allready gone through the beholder lair, but I am also planning to go through the mind flayer city. Memories of the mind flayer city were not enjoyable, so I am thinking of going back at a later date. My question is...is it possible to re-enter the underdark after you have exited? Because I would like to receive the exp. for defeating the mind flayers (whom I despise greatly) and I would also like to obtain that certain blade(I don't want to spoil for others since I provided no spoiler tag). I would greatly appreciate any answer that one of you fine BGII players could provide.

Thank you in advance.

Notice the proper grammar...hopefully the fine members of this board can understand my question.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 03:38 AM   #2
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

not 100% sure but I don't believe you can return. Find weapons(or other items) which give mind shield and Use alot of summons
Old 01-19-2003, 06:45 AM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

You will be able to go to the upper tunnels, where you fought the last Drow, but you can't go back to the Mind Flayer-lair.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 07:13 AM   #4
Billy Yank
The Magister

Yes you can get back. The only places you can never come back to are the Saughin (sp?) city and Brynn Law island (Spellhold).
Old 01-19-2003, 07:41 AM   #5
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
You will be able to go to the upper tunnels, where you fought the last Drow, but you can't go back to the Mind Flayer-lair.
is that so? i remember re-entering the underdark right after surfacing. i wanted to kill the silver dragon, who sadly wasnt there anymore. im not completely sure, but i think you can get back. just to be sure, i think you should go to to the mind flayer city. in my opinion the beholder city is harder(unless you use items like the cloak of cheese(mirroring, or was it reflection or the shield of balduran.)

[ 01-19-2003, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: Raistlin Majere ]

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 11:27 AM   #6
Helm himself
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think it's actually that certain "hilt" that you may be looking for in the mind flayer lair
Old 01-19-2003, 11:29 AM   #7
Alson
Galvatron

I'm quite sure you can go back to the Underdark - even to the various cities.
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 01:49 PM   #8
Chamberlain
Dungeon Master

Well, since there's some confusion as to whether you can go back to the mind flayer city, I guess I'll go now...oh, how I hate mind flayers.
I thought you get the blade in the mind flayer city and the hilt in the beholder city. I may be wrong.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 02:16 PM   #9
Grojlach
Zartan

Chamberlain, just make sure you've got a cleric capable of casting the "Chaotic Commands" spell; the mind flayer dungeon will become a lot easier then.
Old 01-20-2003, 01:41 AM   #10
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Chamberlain:
Well, since there's some confusion as to whether you can go back to the mind flayer city, I guess I'll go now...oh, how I hate mind flayers.
I thought you get the blade in the mind flayer city and the hilt in the beholder city. I may be wrong.
nope, the other way around

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote