Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2002, 02:33 PM   #1
mentalist
Welcomed New User

I need help !!!!! Everytime I try playing the game , it freezes up on me. I need to control/alt/del and restart the game. I can usually go about 5 minutes on my first attempt before the freeze-up. Then only about 1 min or so after that. Rebooting the computer doesn't help.
I have Pentium 1.4, 512 mem, running windows XP
I loaded vitualdub which let travel everywhere and also I have installed the patch. Any other suggestions ?
mentalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 02:41 PM   #2
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

Have you tried running W&W in Win95/98 compatibility mode? Here's a link to that process:

http://www.volberding.com/WHints/WW-WinXP.htm
Old 02-12-2002, 07:35 AM   #3
mentalist
Welcomed New User

Yes, I have tried all the different compatibility modes and none seem to make a difference. I also noticed in 95 mode I have no voices and the speech scrolls too fast for me to read what is being said.
Old 02-12-2002, 08:26 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, mentalist!!!

Which version of DirectX are you using?? For a lot of people DirectX 8 seems to be the source of many problems and downgrading to 7 the solution. Not sure if this will solve your problem, but it is worth checking to see if that might be a possibility.

Hope we can get your problem solved soon so that you may enjoy this great game!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 08:50 AM   #5
mentalist
Welcomed New User

Glad to be here, Wyvern !!!!
This forum has loads of tips and I can't wait till I can enjoy this game fully.
I am using Diectx 7 right now, so that does not seem to be problem. Anything else you can think of, I am willing to try.