Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-09-2002, 08:43 PM   #71
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
ROTFL! I remember those "Clacker" balls on strings! Yeah dunno what other purpose they had other than to clack them together, the interest factor on those things was about 15 minutes LOL!

I remember they sold this particular odd toy back then, you put this plastic loop around your left ankle, with a two foot rope connected to it, with this heavy round object at the end of the rope. You were supposed to rotate your left leg with the rope around it and swing the round object around and jump over it with your left leg. It took some practice, but eventually you could do it, but eventually also said to yourself "why again am I doing this?" Even worse, was the fact that I couldn't afford a "real" one, and my parents refused to buy me one, so I made my own, with a rope with a loop at the end, and one of my parent's Head N' Shoulders shampoo bottle filled with rocks. Lame eh?!
ROTFL! I remember that thing too! I had one, it was another of those '15 minutes of interest' toys! LOL Laste longer than my interest in hula hoops though!
Old 11-09-2002, 09:04 PM   #72
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel:
Climbing and falling from trees, building forts and fighting out desputes on the old climing frame like our brothers and sister did before us.

It amazing we all surrived really.
Oh I was a HUGE tree climber LOL. Had a lot of trees around that were perfect for climing, lots of large limbs all around the tree, each 2-3 feet above eachother. Perfect climbing trees, and also the safest ones as well actually because of the abundance of limbs. I also had a tree house for two years at this one house we lived at in the boonies (Nokesville, don't bother, you've never heard of it), was cool, although I spent most of my time in there by myself, and slugs liked to hang out on the carpet [img]tongue.gif[/img] Then we moved when I was 10 and no more treehouse, but at the next house I had a wooden shed that I made my "fort" LOL (this is when I actually lived in a neighborhood and actually had friends for a few years). I remember me and my friends would climb to the roof of said fort (a good 8 feet or so above ground) and jumping off of it. Why? I have no clue. Hurt my feet like HELL LOL! OWWWw! But still me and my friends would continue to do it again and again, like a "Who can make it without breaking their legs" kinda stupid competition. None of us though broke anything, we yes, were lucky [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-09-2002, 09:14 PM   #73
Jeffi0
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
I remember they sold this particular odd toy back then, you put this plastic loop around your left ankle, with a two foot rope connected to it, with this heavy round object at the end of the rope. You were supposed to rotate your left leg with the rope around it and swing the round object around and jump over it with your left leg. It took some practice, but eventually you could do it, but eventually also said to yourself "why again am I doing this?" Even worse, was the fact that I couldn't afford a "real" one, and my parents refused to buy me one, so I made my own, with a rope with a loop at the end, and one of my parent's Head N' Shoulders shampoo bottle filled with rocks. Lame eh?!
Heh, I used to have one of those. In itself, the thing was pretty much useless, but I had great fun using it beside my siste and taking her out at the shins.
<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302</a> First 8-Bit Theater comic. The first few aren\'t really funny, but the rest are great.
Old 11-09-2002, 09:16 PM   #74
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
[QUI remember me and my friends would climb to the roof of said fort (a good 8 feet or so above ground) and jumping off of it. Why? I have no clue. Hurt my feet like HELL LOL! OWWWw! But still me and my friends would continue to do it again and again, like a "Who can make it without breaking their legs" kinda stupid competition. None of us though broke anything, we yes, were lucky [img]smile.gif[/img]
We used to do the same thing jumping from trees though normally hitting other trees on the way down.
I remember coming back from holiday and finding one of our best trees had all of it branches cut off because it some girl had broken both her arms falling from it. She never climb tree before and even when told that this tree was for experts (We graded trees) did anyway. She was exulded by the whole gang for letting it be cut.
Kids are so mean.
Old 11-09-2002, 09:18 PM   #75
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeffi0:
quote:
Heh, I used to have one of those. In itself, the thing was pretty much useless, but I had great fun using it beside my siste and taking her out at the shins. [/QUOTE]ROTFL! You must have really had that "whip action" going! Funny!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-09-2002, 09:19 PM   #76
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Making roads for your Matchbox cars to drive around. We had neighborhoods lol. Of course Hotwheels, sometimes we strung track down hills outside. Damn cars never stayed on track lol
Old 11-09-2002, 09:27 PM   #77
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Making roads for your Matchbox cars to drive around. We had neighborhoods lol. Of course Hotwheels, sometimes we strung track down hills outside. Damn cars never stayed on track lol
I know, same for those plastic indoor tracks with the "remote." At every single turn the car would fly off the track. I don't thing the magnets were strong enough back then, or whatever it was that kept the cars on the track.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-09-2002, 09:28 PM   #78
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Wow, I had forgotten about doing that. I remember spending hours digging in the dirt, making tunnels roads and small car cities. The great thing about Hotwheels and Matchbox car was that they weren't easily destroyed.
Old 11-09-2002, 09:35 PM   #79
Jeffi0
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by onthepequod:
quote:
Wow, I had forgotten about doing that. I remember spending hours digging in the dirt, making tunnels roads and small car cities. The great thing about Hotwheels and Matchbox car was that they weren't easily destroyed.[/QUOTE]Yeah. My room has a window out onto the roof (a gable, IIRC) and I used to push the cars off the windowsill and see what one would fly off the edge of the roof first. They didn't even get dented! I remember that the paint didn't hold up too well, though. :\
<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302</a> First 8-Bit Theater comic. The first few aren\'t really funny, but the rest are great.
Old 11-09-2002, 09:40 PM   #80
Animal
Gold Dragon

Daring my brother to take a pee on an electric fence. He wasn't the brightest crayon in the box!