Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-04-2002, 04:37 PM   #1
SomeGuy
Unicorn

The subject says it all.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 04-05-2002, 03:25 AM   #2
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Is Zelda the old nintendo or sega (can't remember which) game with princess' and stuff?

If so, then yes, I have heard of it, but I have never played it.

My friends gave me the nickname Link at one stage because I "dated" 3 girls in a row all called Crystal, needless to say, the joke was that I had to collect all the crystals to finish the game [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2002, 03:47 AM   #3
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

It was on the NES SNES and N64 right?? Ive heard of it [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2002, 06:39 AM   #4
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Yeah I remember Zelda. [img]smile.gif[/img] I have both the games (on N64) but they have gathered quite abit of dust! They were excellent games; a good challenge, intresting characters and a pretty good story.
Old 04-05-2002, 07:24 AM   #5
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well I have just played Link's awakening on gameboy... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2002, 07:28 AM   #6
Sigmar
Unicorn

Yeah, but I'm really looking foward to the new one, it looks brilliant [img]tongue.gif[/img] Cell shaded graphics are definitely the way to go
Old 04-05-2002, 08:21 AM   #7
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
Was it good??
Old 04-05-2002, 08:40 AM   #8
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Ive played and beaten every OTHER Zelda Game, i played the first game for NES, then the sequel to that on the NES, then I played the GaMEBOY version, skipping the SUPER nes version, and then I played Zelda 64 but I never got Majora's mask because by that time I'd gotten a Dreamcast from sega and was obsessed with RPGs for it like Shenmue, and I did take a liking to sonic adventure. I also am not gonna get a game cube nor a GB advanced so you can just skip those new zelda games entireley too...

but yeah I like zelda anyway! and I think the new Zelda will rock whether it's realistic OR cartooney!
Old 04-05-2002, 09:42 AM   #9
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:

but yeah I like zelda anyway! and I think the new Zelda will rock whether it's realistic OR cartooney!
-Angry moaning mode on-
You know I really wouldn't mind if it was done with Cell shaded graphics. As long as they hadn't shown us what the game would look like with realistic graphics, it was incredible. Those three screenshots had got me thinking if Gamecube could produce games like that within the first years of its life it must be an incredible machine. But then they announce that they will be using Cell shading instead, they unveil the new Link which looks like a pixie with a huge head with scary manga style eyes. Compare that to the ultrarealistis Link shown at Spaceworld last year! Needless to say I have lost all faith in Nintendo. First they release a INCREDIBLY short game that will take you two days to finish (Luigi's mansion), then Pikman a good idea but again short, they then announce that all there ames in the future will be directed against the younger audience (and they will all be short too apparently), then the Link incident and THEN Mario. We were promised a new more mature look for Mario and what happens to him? He wears denim trousers instead of what he used to wear...Thats it!? The new game's storyline (Mario Sunshine)does'nt show too much promise either Peach goes on holiday to an island (presumably to avoid getting captured by Bowser AGAIN) and when she arrives she notices that the island is covered in colours and monsters. Mario being the nice guy that he is volunteers to remove the colours with his new water gun backpack and to get rid of the monsters. But I still love the other developers such as Rare and Sega, but Nintendo has certainly lost it's way IMHO (except for the consoles though), and by the way Zelda is brilliant and the two on the N64 were some of the best games I have ever played. -Angry moaning mode off-
Old 04-05-2002, 09:47 AM   #10
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Glorfindel:
quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
Was it good??[/QUOTE]Well yeah.. but then it is pretty dang hard... I mean my eyes can get squashed there... hehehe [img]smile.gif[/img]