Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-20-2000, 08:11 AM   #51
Armisael

Hahahaha!
The game's good. It's the dickheads playing it that make it a pretty sour experience.

Old 11-20-2000, 10:09 AM   #52
Bane

O started as a pen and paper RPG player with AD&D but there have been quite a few console and computer RPGs over the years. My favorites would be:

-Ultima 5 (best game ever, in my oppinion)
-Ultima 7 (very good game with lots to do)
-BG1 + BG2 (wonderful re-creation of D&D game experience)
-Wizardry (Bane of the Cosmic Forge, and Return of Werdna... can't remember the numbers) return of Werdna was awesom because the entire plot was you as an evil mage who went around killing everything in a quest for power.
-Diablo (decent game, but not the best)
-Final Fanasy (all of the except 8... I hated it, haven't played 9 yet)
-Chrono Trigger, and Crono Cross
-Xenogears
-EVO (a little known SNES game that was all about evolving. Incredibly in depth game, from fish to reptile to dinasaur to mammal,to human. Great game!)

I think that's about all of the really good ones...

Old 11-20-2000, 11:12 AM   #53
Glorick the Half-Orc

1. BG2
2. Planescape: Torment
3. Fallout
4. BG1
5. Fallout2

*** Note: IWD is the best MULTI-PLAYER AD&D RPG. Yes the plot was linear, but there was TONS of action and it is much better for online play with your friends. Also, Diablo fans will like IWD more than the others since there is less plot and more fighting.

Old 11-20-2000, 11:34 AM   #54
Thamrys Greybeard
Dungeon Master

I must confess that I too liked Might and Magic 7, although I like BG2 (which I am playing now) better. FYI, I though Vampire had a great graphics engine, but after a while it palled - sequential story, two-choice decision points (right or wrong!)over-emphasis on automatic weapons!
Old 11-20-2000, 05:01 PM   #55
winglesfiend

I don't think zelda is really a rpg or is it?
When is a game really a rpg?Zelda doesn't has any character devellopment
so you can't call it rpg but I don't know for sure I would like to hear
opinions of other people on this.

Old 11-20-2000, 09:06 PM   #56
IceFire

Hasn't anyone played with Darklands??!!! It was really a great RPG with the chance to build your character with all kinds of weapons and skills. The battles were fought not only tooth and nail but with strategy too! Your position was very important on the battlefield. I love BG1 and 2 and cut my teeth on the Ultima series (4 and 5 the BEST) but Darklands was a very intriguing game for its time.